Manker U11 and Nitecore MH20?

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Can't help but notice the similarity in these two. Both run on 18650. They have such a similar form factor, being the shortest of 1x18650 flashlights. Similar side button position also.

Did they developed these two in some kind of a collaboration?

My U11 is otw. I wonder how's the quality control of MH20 specifically? maybe I should get one just for fun, despite the price:thumbsdow

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no real patent laws in China. Hence Manker is just biting off the NC design. No collaboration took place trust me lol. Otw? Not sure what you mean. I have all 3 MH20's and all 3 are top shelf quality control evident. The only similarity between the two lights aside from form is that they both have a side switch. The MH20 has a 2 stage switch through which to manipulate everything. The Manker has a standard one press switch meaning many more clicks to go through all the modes. The Manker is IPX6 rated as opposed to the MH20's better IPX8 rating. Output is pretty even between the two.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
on the way:)

Manker seems to have more modes built in though. May I ask why you bought three MH20? different color and LEDs?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
just love the MH20 package especially their output and size. The user interface is top notch and its a Nitecore that is extremely well designed and built. Why all 3? I love variety in tint and performance. The NW version is my favorite out of all 3 they did an amazing job with the tint. Well the GT is just as far as I know the only way you can get 36k CD out of such a small package. I have lots of lights I rotate through them all they all get used. The MH20 is quite honestly the best Nitecore I have ever had or used so I splurged a little.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
I can appreciate why you love MH20 so much. The two stage button is simply awesome, and I kinda wonder why it's not on every flashlight yet.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
because a two stage switch has more parts thus costs more to make. Getting the electronics to work well with a competent two stage switch also costs more to design etc. I used to despise NC now they seem to be taking the lead away from Fenix which I never thought I would see. Manker I do respect they are small and coming up with some pretty solid stuff.

creeman

Newly Enlightened
Been Wanting a nitecore mh20 for awhile now, waiting for the price to drop on the mh20gt though.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
keep an eye on Andrew and Amanda.com check their "deal of the day" it may come up 20 bucks off. Other than that you can get 10 percent off using the CPF coupon code at GoingGear.com. Aside from that the price will remain high for a long time....

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also go the GB route.

I can tell you a&a aren't going to have the mh20gt on their deal of the day this week :-(.

technex

Newly Enlightened
I've got the MH20 and really like it. The onboard USB charging is a really handy feature and so much power in a compact package is really great.

The only thing I don't like is the clip design. Fat head and skinny body with all the ridges make it pretty awkward to get in and out of a pocket.

That being said, I've got a GT on the way already :D

FWIW, the two stage switch is key to the UI, it gives a LOT more flexibility without too many clicks. I've got a Manker U21 on the way as a project light and I can already tell that the switch and UI is going to annoy me.

JB007Rules

Newly Enlightened
As I've said in other threads: MH20 is my EDC. Best EDC light IMO. I have tried other EDC units and this one takes the cake :)

I'm a Nitecore dealer and have MH20's in stock too. I'm not going to try to sell on here of course but if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
These companies sure love fire in the lights. Looks like it's getting harder and harder to come up with a cool fire name. I suggest trumpfire.

davyro

Enlightened
I was looking at that Soonfire light today funnily enough very cheap looks a bargain but I've had the Manker U11 for roughly 9 months & I also have an MH20 with the warmer LED
& the MH20gt & since I've owned these 3 lights I've hardly looked or used any of the others in my light collection.I love all 3 lights very impressed with the Manker build quality &
reliability for the price.My Nitecores are all of the same very high standard,so i don't think i'll be gambling on the Soonfire anytime soon:rolleyes: .A light i am thinking of buying is the
Nitecore MT10A but as it's a ploy of Nitecore to bring out a GT version of a light after they've sold a good amount of the original version I'll wait & see if they do it with the MT10A.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol at the name soonfire. Surely notyetfire and neverfire are in the works somewhere!

It does have little things about it that differentiate it from the mh20 though... The single stage button, the battery indicator ring, and the 4-blade crenellating as opposed to nitecore's 3 to name a few.

I'm curious what made them think the clip was a "card holder" and what real use a card holder would have on a flashlight.

markr6

Flashaholic
My friend at work bought a soonfire light that is exactly the same as the MH20.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CJJYZ78/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I can only guess that the Chinese factory making the Nitecores is selling these on the side. No customer service, no R&D, ect. makes them cheap.

FireFire!

I see they stole Nitecores photo, which was originally shot by Cataract using the TM26 IIRC. Not quite the same light. :shakehead

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend at work bought a soonfire light that is exactly the same as the MH20.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CJJYZ78/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I can only guess that the Chinese factory making the Nitecores is selling these on the side. No customer service, no R&D, ect. makes them cheap.

It isn't the same as the MH20 at all. It is actually the same as the nitenumen ne01. Here is a comparison between a full mh20 and the cheaper alternative. budgetlightforum.com/node/46372

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol ninutenmen did a very impressive job biting off the NC design. It sure is no MH20 though. Id actually go for the Manker but man that is a LOT of pressing patterns to get it through its modes its like they are trying to rip on ZL. The Manker looks very good though although I really wish they would list what cell length the U11 takes.

boo

Newly Enlightened
lol ninutenmen did a very impressive job biting off the NC design. It sure is no MH20 though. Id actually go for the Manker but man that is a LOT of pressing patterns to get it through its modes its like they are trying to rip on ZL. The Manker looks very good though although I really wish they would list what cell length the U11 takes.

I am using a Samsung INR18650 30Q FT in my U11. It fits good.

Last edited: