The Arc4 anti-roll bezel & lens holder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtrego

Newly Enlightened
Just got my ARC4(second) today (Thanks, Peter & Merri!). I noticed that the business end is just a little larger in circumference than the LS series. It turns out that a MiniM@g accessory lens holder fits quite snugly. It allows the use of the colored lenses and gives the Arc4 a nice anti-roll bezel and a little bit of protection up front. In contrast, though, it also won't work with the clip in place (covers up the holes, though) and makes it much less comfortable to carry in the pocket.

Two points I'd like to make:

1. If someone else has posted this and I missed it, I apologize!

2. I'm still a newbie, but I've read a bit about the lawsuit. Hopefully I've not committed blasphemy by using a M@g part on my Arc4. Personally, I thought it a bit like poetic justice... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Dwayne

jpeg

Enlightened
I agree. M@g accessories on an ARC just ram home the point... Great idea Dwayne.

I'll be getting a modified tailguard when it comes out, so the clip holes aren't a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuelblender

Enlightened
Welcome aboard Dwayne!

Glad you like your ARC4! That's a clever suggestion concerning the anti-roll bezel idea - I'm convinced that many will find it useful.

See you around!
Dave

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc4+ also accommodates SureFire accessories like the beam diffuser and the color filters.

Paul

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice if you guys can take some beamshot with the surefire accessories on it. I am not exactly sure what the beam diffuser would look like etc.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, Cue. I don't have a camera. The beam diffuser broadens the beam, making it more floodlike. I use it with my SF L4 for reading, and it widens the beam to cover both pages of a book. I haven't used it yet on my Arc4+, but I think it will be better than on the L4 because it won't be so overwhelmingly bright.

I have read that some CPFers use the beam diffuser to help illuminate a small scene for photography. They say it's great for getting pics of flashlights.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.