LED Lenser P5R.2 with AA / NiMH Rechargeable Batteries ????

Witterings

Enlightened
I know quite a few people aren't fans of Led Lenser but I have just bought one of these as I think it ticks all of the boxes for a specific need with an adjustable focus that none of the other "decent" manufacturers seem to offer.

My 1st impression is it does what I want it to but as a fall back I'd love to be able to use AA / NiMH Rechargeable Batteries but it doesn't work with them ... I sent them an e-mail and they replied and said it's because they won't fit.

I haven't even charged the battery that it came with it but just used a keeppower 14500 I already had and it works fine ..... I'm guessing there's probably some way I can make standard batteries fit / is there some kind of adapter anywhere I could buy????

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I don't have one, so take my words with a good dollop of salt. It might be impossible to run the light on alkalines or nimh as the light is made for liion. So other 14500 might work, but regular aa might not.

Witterings

Enlightened
I don't have one, so take my words with a good dollop of salt. It might be impossible to run the light on alkalines or nimh as the light is made for liion. So other 14500 might work, but regular aa might not.

Cheers for, I would have thought they would have come back and said that if that was the reason rather than saying they don't fit but I could well be wrong .... does anybody else happen to know???