So does anybody know where I put my old Maglite?

TREX3

Newly Enlightened
I put it up somewhere thinking there would be a use for it eventually.

Now I cant find it. :duh2:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the trunk and glove box in your vehicles. Then, look under the sofa and chair cushions inside your home.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My neighbor the klepto may have it.

It may be the one he said someone left on the seat of their car and when he checked it out and found it loaded with old alkaleak batteries he decided to rescue it.

Right now it's probably travelling down an interstate highway being flicked off and on repeatedly by the hooker he just picked up at a truck stop while he drives a semi coast to coast delivering frozen chicken wings to pizza huts.

Or it may be getting used by a DEA agent who confiscated his rig when drug sniffer dogs detected all the cocaine the Mexican drug cartel makes him mule across the border when he brings in frozen taco shells to Taco Bells.

Either that or it's in the last place you left it.
That's what I'd put my money on.:D

ven

Flashaholic
Its great when something is lost/misplaced and you get the old " so where did you have it last?" question...............i would never say that, so where did you leave it last?:p

TREX3

Newly Enlightened
The thing is I had it just a coupla months ago. Remember thinking "They say you can make a Silencer out of these in a pinch. I'll just save it"

So anyway I found out on here you can do "Drop Ins' and stuff and bring em back to life.

So is it really worth putting $60 in it if I do find it or would I be better served to put that in a new light?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the toolbox, above the washer or dryer when retrieving something that inevitably falls back there, under the sink when you put in the new garbage disposal....I once found a flashlight under the hood of my car from the last time I worked on it. If all else fails, do what I do when something has disappeared: I call both my sons and say "you borrowed something and forgot to give it back"...Its amazing the things they will confess to before they really know what your talking about....

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you look down the back of the couch ?

Or...

Check your jacket pocket for a hole. It may have slipped through and be caught inside the lining.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave mine away. No reason at all for D cell lites when you have the much more compact and powerful 2x18650 platform.

D cells don't do well with high lumens. They work, it's the bang per buck issue.

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
OF COURSE you can't find It you're looking for It, look for something else THEN you 'll find It.
Seriously get a storage tub go around the house and garage(you may need several tubs) and put all that stuff you've been pack ratting away Into the tubs and then label It "crap that might be handy" on all four sides and top now store them together In the basement or garage.
This Is what I finally did, you may even come across that MagLite In the process.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
When my wife loses her phone, she has me call it. When she doesn't see the kids in the playground, she has me yell for them. When she can't find anything to eat in the fridge, she has me go get it. I can give you her number. She'll find anything

TREX3

Newly Enlightened
You guys are all over it. Already did the clear tub thing. Converted from boxes. You cant see through boxes.

Accusing someone of stealing things is my wifes deal. Always find it after you accuse. Who would steal an old Maglite that doesnt work with no batteries?

And yeah I am wondering why I want to drop $60 for a new dropin, lens and reflector so I can tote around 3 Dcells.

Well I need to quit looking for it. It;s wherever I put it. Besides it'll make a great silencer if I ever need one