Tritium vials and a rotary table

Dark Attic Works

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, I'm new around here but I wanted to share two tritium keychains I made recently.

I happened to get my rotary table ready to go around the same time a couple tritium vials I forgot I ordered arrived in the mail.

The result is some experimention and fun times in the attic shop!

I'd love some feedback and suggestions...

trigon2.jpg

trigon5.jpg

quad2.jpg

quad1.jpg

I really like doing the spiral patterns and will definitely play around with that some more when I get some more tritium vials.

Dark Attic Works

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback! I agree that the small holes in the spiral version do not let as much light out. I am fond of the tiny holes though so I'm going to try making spiral lanterns with the same size holes but lots more of them... :D

One of the interesting things I've noticed about the spiral one is that when I rotate it in the dark, the spirals seem to move like a barber shop pole. It's kind of addicting...

These lanterns are small - approximately 40 mm long by 5 mm in diameter. They take a 25 mm x 3 mm vial. The small holes are approximately 1.2 mm and the big ones about 2 mm.

Dark Attic Works

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in a spiral version!.

Well, I do have this one available but I'm new here and I don't really know how selling stuff works through CPF. It's a little confusing with the Mall, and Marketplace and Commercial Corner...

So, yeah... You are welcome to this one but I'm not sure what's allowed in terms of selling stuff - I don't want to break any rules in my first week here!

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is the most important thing.
The spiral looks best but the strait design shows more light.
Both seem to have too much metal.
The price is important too.
How much are you asking?

Dark Attic Works

Newly Enlightened
The light is the most important thing.
The spiral looks best but the strait design shows more light.
Both seem to have too much metal.
The price is important too.
How much are you asking?

I assume you mean too much metal lengthwise? I could make these a bit shorter in the future.
Price? Sheesh, I have no idea... I looked around and there seems to be a wide range of prices for these kinds of things. I'd definitely welcome input on that...
Honestly, I was just planning on making some of these and seeing what you folks thought and getting some input... Hadn't really planned to sell here at the moment but if there is interest I guess I could!

s142nv

Newly Enlightened
I like the design of the spiral version and agree with others that larger holes and a slightly shorter overall length would look great.

Dark Attic Works

Newly Enlightened
It's been a while since I made any more tritium lanterns (been distracted by making little spinning tops, lasers, and LED lights!) but I finally got around to doing another one and wanted to share it with you fine folk. I went with a more "classic" hole layout on this one and bigger holes. This one is built in 303 stainless steel which is one of my favorite materials to work with. It's a little fatter (.250" instead of .200") so it LOOKS shorter but isn't. It's basically as short as possible in order to fit the vial and set screw. I'd appreciate your further feedback!

sstrit1.jpg

sstrit3.jpg