"ULed" a new high lumen monster

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
Hi men. I am Andrew. We want to create a new flashlight. We are not the manufacturer. We are several people who made this prototype.
I want to know what do you think about this. Please, ask me any question. I'll try to answer for it.

Shot characteristic:
  • 8000 lumens
  • 20000 mAh
  • OLED display
  • USB port
  • bip signal
Control parameters :
  • temperature
  • current
  • voltage
  • charge time
  • discharge time
  • power
  • and other
Body:
  • aviation aluminum
  • plastic
We want to start the company at Kickstarter. If you interested you can visit our page on FB https://www.facebook.com/UledFlashlight/ or ask me about this flashlight on this forum :cool: Thank you.

Last edited:

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I changed the post. We use the matrix 50 or 100W LED because it takes up a little space and give a big power.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
What kind of led does it have? because 8000 lumens is a lot for such a small looking light.

And please read this; http://www.candlepowerforums.com/AdPolicies.html

I don't know how to believe this, but 8000 lumens seems impossible with such a small light and battery, maybe I am outdated in technology? But even if it can do it, will the heat just grill my palm after 1min of runtime? :crazy:

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
:rolleyes: Led have about 80 lumen/watt. It is heated but your hand will be saved :devil:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
What i dont get is the size, 20,000mah...............what cell/s are inside? Then what looks like an asperic lens, yet the picture shows crazy amount of flood.................

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
:rolleyes: Led have about 80 lumen/watt. It is heated but your hand will be saved :devil:

I am sure you will love to have me or other pro reviewers on this forum to review your light and see if it is legit. If reviewers (with youtube videos) can review it and say this is legit, you will earn your respect. Consider sending a few out for testing and review? I am one of them int he pool that welcome your product and I will tell people if it's legit or not. If it's not legit, you can't blame me lol!

20000mah is a big amount, I really wonder what kind of stuff is in the light. You got alien technology there my friend. If my laptop has a few of your alien-cells it will mean that my laptop can run a much longer runtime and break the world's record.

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
11,9 x 2 inch. We use 6 cells 18650. I can't answer about the picture. We did photo with this lens.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
11,9 x 2 inch. We use 6 cells 18650. I can't answer about the picture. We did photo with this lens.

6 x 18650? What? the photo shows the light is like a keychain light size man, very confused now! The usb calbe and such... max is like the size of an olight S40 or something... holy cow your photo totally confused me

Danallen

Newly Enlightened
What is the forward-voltage across that LED?
How long does it run continuously at 8,000 lumens on a charge?
is the night photo showing light on the hillside a photo of this light running on its own?
Can you provide a video of yourself turning the light on?
How do you measure the lumens it puts out?

Please forgive me if this data is available elsewhere. I am just thinking you must have this information readily available.

I understand this has been asked already, but what is holding a charge of 20,000 mah inside that light? Is it capacitance thing and not a battery? A strobe for a camera can make a pretty bright light, it just has run time of less than second before going completely dark.

I have an open mind but a suspicious one as well.

Good luck with your project, unless your plan include marketing information that misleads people to expect a product that performs differently from what they expect.

One last question, does this light employ cold fusion or free energy?

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
It's very funny. I don't see the problem. 3.7 V / 20000mAh. It's not alien technology. About the law. Everyone can read about this. So...

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
6 x 18650? What? the photo shows the light is like a keychain light size man, very confused now! The usb calbe and such... max is like the size of an olight S40 or something... holy cow your photo totally confused me
Okey man, no problem.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
It's very funny. I don't see the problem. 3.7 V / 20000mAh. It's not alien technology. About the law. Everyone can read about this. So...

I thought it is one small EDC light with a tiny battery (one) with 20000mah... the photo is just confusing because it looks like a super small light in the pic :)

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
1. I can't seem to find any specs on the LED you mentioned. Do you have any more information about the LED?
2. High power LEDs need a lot of heatsinking. The size of the light is concerning in this regard. Is there a robust copper heatsink in there along with a metal reflector?
3. What type of battery is it? As follow ups: Is the battery integrated? Is it based on a recognized format like 26650? Are the cells sourced from a quality manufacturer, such as Panasonic?
4. What are the exact product dimensions? I know these are subject to change as you iterate toward a finished product, but it is an important spec.
5. Are you considering alternate exterior materials, such as copper?
6. Is the lens aspheric?
7. Is the plan to optimize for throw (as an aspheric lens would suggest) or flood?
8. Is the USB port for charging the light or external devices?
9. What modes are you planning at the moment, and with what UI?
10. Forward or reverse clicky?
11. Are you doing the manufacturing in-house?

That's all the questions I can think of off the top of my head.
Welcome to CPF! :)

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
I thought it is one small EDC light with a tiny battery (one) with 20000mah... the photo is just confusing because it looks like a super small light in the pic :)
Ok, I'll do a photo with snickers and send it later.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is larger than it seems in the pics. I think that is a full sized USB plug un the back, if that helps with scale. I'll bet there are 2 groups of three batteries end to end.

We're just used to lights of this aesthetic being small.

can you take another photo of the light next to a few things we know the size of?
An 18650 battery, maybe a Swiss Army knife or some such? Or just hold the light in your hand for reference.

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is larger than it seems in the pics. I think that is a full sized USB plug un the back, if that helps with scale. I'll bet there are 2 groups of three batteries end to end.

can you take another photo of the light next to a few things we know the size of?
An 18650 battery, maybe a Swiss Army knife or some such? Or just hold the light in your hand for reference.

Yeah the photos don't provide much to reference for size, but the usb port is the giveaway.
OP confirming 6 x 18650 also tells a lot. It is likely two rows of 3; I think the overall size of the light is more similar to a 2D maglite (not exact but easy to picture mentally). Not a pocket/EDC light.

What is the weight, i wonder? There could be a lot of metal for heatsink but 8k lumens seems brave...

Andreii

Newly Enlightened
Yeah the photos don't provide much to reference for size, but the usb port is the giveaway.
OP confirming 6 x 18650 also tells a lot. It is likely two rows of 3; I think the overall size of the light is more similar to a 2D maglite (not exact but easy to picture mentally). Not a pocket/EDC light.

What is the weight, i wonder? There could be a lot of metal for heatsink but 8k lumens seems brave...
Yes you are right. Two rows of three cells and yes it's not small :grin2:

Andreii

Newly Enlightened

Yes I'll do it. Thank you.