Luxeon Lights That Use Standard Batteries

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any good quality Luxeon flashlights that use C or D batteries? I have the Streamlight Luxeon Tasklight (AA), and I am very happy with it but would like something more powerful.

I notice that the Pelican M6 and LED Surefires all use the 123a's. I know one can get the 123a's cheap at the Surefire sight, but its still kind of inconvenient to have to special order for batteries.

Does anyone have recommendations for flashlights that use C or D batteries and are also good or better quality?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there are some very good moders on boards who make em with c batts and d batts

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah. i think Elektrolumens is your best bet..
they've got very decent prices for the quality of the light you receive..
i'm got the Blaster 3 (1 watt luxeon, 3 D cells) and i'm getting the FT3C (3 watt luxeon, 3 C cells) this coming Wednesday.. the Blaster 3 is an amazing light (i would reccomend it) and the FT3C has already got great reviews from several other CPF members who were in on the preorder..
the only other bet you've got are drop-ins for Maglites..

so yeah.. check the link Paul gave you.. i believe all Elektrolumens lights run on C or D cells.. (as of now)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got one comeing i wont say from who to he says it is ok .the price was very good for the light it has a select lux 3 and awesume heatsink in a mag body, i send the money tuesday. cant wait for light. it is my new camping light its very very bright.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the light readings I just posted (Meterman631) that has the Blaster III and the 5D mag conversion with an EverLED bulb.

But I think you should close your eyes, say Om, think of lillies on still water and realize that ordering 123s is no hassle.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You can also choose the Aitec Collimator AT2000L light right here, or the Tektite Expedition Star right here.
Both flashlights use three C cells.
The Expedition Star is most definitely the better of the two, but either flashlight should serve you well if you don't require water-resistance.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the regulated hyper blaster model, in 3-watt power. I was thrilled to see that a D-celled flashlight also was available with a regulator, plus it was on sale so I quickly made an order.

Thanks for all the help, gentlemen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif