Pocket Clip Trauma

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please share images of your pocket clip damage. Please specify make/model of the offender, and any solution or remedy you have adopted.

Here's mine from my daytime carry ZebraLight SC5w OP (super awesome tight clip, much tighter than SC62c). Now I must use the left pocket, and I'm right-handed, so takes some adapting. My southpaw may as well be a carney hand. Ironically, I can readily and reasonably accurately finger chords in time on a piano or guitar, but that left is about worthless for anything else, including holding a pen and trying to write, or even to pull a clipped flashlight out of pocket and hold it without fumbling.

ESo1PsE.jpg

ncgrass

Enlightened
Ouch, but a sign of a well used light.

I'm right handed too, but clip light to left exclusively. Lucky enough to have avoided a torn pocket too! =P

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Suprisingly no damage for me, I did notice that rough edge when I had that light for a few days.
My dad has some similar tears from his benchmade knife.

Taz80

Enlightened
During the day my lights sit at the bottom of my pocket, because I've had a few lost light scares. The clip can and does get hooked on things and it can pull right out of your pocket. After work it depends on the light, some are clipped some sit at the bottom. Although there is some wear this limits it.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
During the day my lights sit at the bottom of my pocket, because I've had a few lost light scares. The clip can and does get hooked on things and it can pull right out of your pocket. After work it depends on the light, some are clipped some sit at the bottom. Although there is some wear this limits it.

Naturally I carry a knife on one side and my cell in my other front pocket so the light goes on holster or 7th pocket or 8th or 6th.
Further I don't know how you guys attach photos without a third party, but I have never seen that degree of damage. If my pants are suffering that much I discontinue use.

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes, either that material is very delicate or your clip needs some serious attention and deburring. I have carried a Haiku, Sinner, and my several lights with tight fitting McGizmo clips and after hundreds of clippings to the same pairs of pants, very slight wear appears.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have removed all of the pocket clips on all my lights and use lanyards to keep them mine. just because of what happened to your light.