Coast TekTorches

Flashlight Enthusiast
Costco has a 1AA and button Coast Tektorches for under $20 (each packet contains one of each plus batteries). I figured there was a good chance that this was a POS, considering the price plus the "made in China" lable on the packaging, but I decided to try them anyway. As I opened the package, I was surprised by how heavy and well made they feel. When I turned them on, they were indeed very bright. Much brighter than my Opalec AA maglites and Arc AA (by my eyes). The beam color is very blue though, so it loses major points there.

Has anyone else tried these lights? The AA light comes with a Nylon holster, while the button cell light comes with a key chain attachment. Do they have poor long term reliability?

For the price, it seems like a decent deal?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
They are quite poplular and are sold under several names. Search this board for "ledlenser" to find more threads.

The lights you bought have a very focused beam. They call them "moon" lights. I find that they make good gifts for folks who haven't discovered the joys of buying flashlights. They are not practical for walking around because there is no spill to speak of, but they work great for shining into dark crevases.

Daniel