Short Nitecore TM03 review and Q&A

Snowman_ski

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a pro at this.
Quick observations.
High discharge orbtronic 18650s won't activate the turbo mode. 2100mha, 30A
Fatter than normal 18650 lights. Won't fit my old edc holster.
Very bright. A bit more throw than my eagletac g25c2 xml2 light. Much more flood.
I'll check this thread for questions.

My thoughts after walking around spotting deer with it.
Turbo makes me giggle, so much light! It floods more than I'm used to, and the well lit flood area right in front of you blinds you to it's throw. Being careful to look past the floor, it throws a tad better then my eagle tac. But not by much, and with the smaller beam in the eagle tac it's easier to see farther with it.
I really don't want to buy a new set of batteries to go with this. And it is dim with standard 18650s. I'd compare it to the"low" on my eagle tac. Around 500 lumens. Non scientific, just me guessing. I figure the IMR cells suggested below are what I should be looking into. Just feel nervous to get unprotected cells.

Until one of the local geniuses does an awesome review, I'll answer any questions that pop up here.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
For turbo mode, you may wish to try top quality IMR cells. I suggest Samsung 30Q from Mountain Electronics. Pretty much the best there is at this point.

Snowman_ski

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't the high discharge orbtronic 18650 work as well as a IMR? The included cell does have those odd extra contact points.

Snowman_ski

Newly Enlightened
Disorganized, sorry. Included cell just finished charging. Crummy beam shot below.

Tm03 WITH included special cell on left. Eagle tac on right. Same light as the other beam shot. Same ceiling. Just the f adjustment in the cell camara. Much brighter.

Latest posts