Surefire P1R + McClickie switch???

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if a McClickie switch will fit in the Surefire P1R tail cap?

I would like to convert the P1R Tactical version to a forward clicky.

VB Dad

Newly Enlightened
Love to do the same. Does anyone else find the stock switch on the P1R a little "mushy".

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened
Hello Guys,

We offer a kit for the R1.
http://www.oveready.com/a-upgrades/...tion-mcclicky-kit-for-r1-lawman/prod_318.html

I am unsure if it will work with the P1R or not.

If someone wants to send their light in I can test it out.
I would love to if it were not for the fact that I live in northern Europé :)

Maybe someone could try sending SureFire an e-mail asking them if the tail cap is the same in the R1 or if the tail cap is possible to disassembly. I sent them an e-mail little over a week ago in another matter and I am still waiting for the reply :shrug:

Last edited:

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you are in luck.....
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...P1R-Peacekeeper-rechargeable-flashlight/page3

If you can't replace the guts in yours a Z41 with McClicky will fit.
P
In the thread your are linking to Kif talks about the Z59 tail cap. He has tried and the Z59 will fit on the P1R. He also says that "the guts are even the same". That should mean that, beacuse Z41 fits the same lights as Z59, I could buy a complete Z41 tail cap with a pre-installed McClicky and it should work with my P1R?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't see why not, but no personal experience.
I'd get the Z41 and McClicky and try. If it doesn't work, either keep it for later or sell it on the Marketplace. They've got the bits at Oveready.
p

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened
On second thoughts, do I even have to buy a new tail cap? Should not the MCCLICKY SELF INSTALLATION CLICKY KIT FOR Z41 work? It would be a lot cheaper :)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: