Best AA led lantern

GreySave

Enlightened
I am a big fan of the Siege. It is the only lantern that I know of with a nicely indexed "cannot get it wrong" battery door. I HATE struggling to get those to line up properly :)

That said....It has performed well for me. I have to add though that Fenix has one that will run on two AA or a single 123A. CL20 I believe. I have two of those and love them for their flexibility since I have the ability to solar charge AA for those "worst case" scenarios.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
There hasn't been a LOT of discussion of COB lights around here.
Here is a quick review I did of one. I think of it as a directional lantern. It is labeled as a work light, and that also makes sense.

Here's a quick review of the Lux-Pro LP137 It is also a cob light. Lux-Pro does make a COB lantern. I am hoping that someone picks it up, and does a write-up on it.

For power outages, I prefer 18650 powered lights. When I deplete my cells, I'll recharge them from my car, or if I am running my generator, I may recharge them from it. But for lanterns, I'd run them on disposable D cells.

Brighter lights require more energy, and D cells have 3-4 times the capacity of AA cells.

If you are really set on AA cells, and want brightness, I'd recommend the Energizer 8 AA cell lantern with light fusion technology.
It handles the glare produced by lanterns very well, and is regulated to give a pretty consistent output of light.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
For AA form factor Streamlight does make an AA version of the Siege, but I don't own one.