HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress on August's Batch

Default Re: Progress on August's Batch

You can attempt to get a hold of Jeff via FB messenger, although he maybe very busy and not responsive at this time. Here's what I know, I am by no means an expert
    1. LEDs will be Nicha C, but if you have something specific in mind he can help out with that possibly.
    2. All of the lights have come with glow, so I don't think it will change.
    3. Ti will come with copper pill. (its upgrade on Aluminum if desired)
    4. Sapphire glass is upgrade on either if wanted
    5. Optics are the same, he can drill them out if you want to add trits. Not sure Jeff has anything to do with trits other than recommend size for you to get.

My advice is to secure a light and contact Jeff about getting add-ons before they ship out. I can't seem to find a way to do anything critically wrong with his set ups

Wimmer, the most important thing is, be LIGHTNING FAST when hitting the buy button. These babies go in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyonion View Post
    You can attempt to get a hold of Jeff via FB messenger, although he maybe very busy and not responsive at this time. Here's what I know, I am by no means an expert
    1. LEDs will be Nicha C, but if you have something specific in mind he can help out with that possibly.
    2. All of the lights have come with glow, so I don't think it will change.
    3. Ti will come with copper pill. (its upgrade on Aluminum if desired)
    4. Sapphire glass is upgrade on either if wanted
    5. Optics are the same, he can drill them out if you want to add trits. Not sure Jeff has anything to do with trits other than recommend size for you to get.

My advice is to secure a light and contact Jeff about getting add-ons before they ship out. I can't seem to find a way to do anything critically wrong with his set ups
    Ok... yeah your probably correct about how busy Jeff is likely to be right now. Yes I understand answer numbers 1, 3 and 4 that you kindly provided. But... so the 3 trits in the TinyDC, that I was lucky enough to buy recently, were acquired and installed by its original owner? Haha I can just see me doing that.... I can see the "please help... I've ruined another expensive light" posts that would assuredly follow too. :-)

Thank you for taking the time, sir. Much appreciated!

Wait a second.... Luckyonion? Didn't I buy a light from you? Or maybe I'm confusing my seeing your username many times with someone I've bought from. Please forgive my horrible memory... I really need an external hard drive for my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    Wimmer, the most important thing is, be LIGHTNING FAST when hitting the buy button. These babies go in seconds.
    Holy crap it's Slumber Pass! I haven't forgotten you, my friend and hero.

^^^This guy knows all too well how difficult it is for me to insert a round peg into a round hole.

Hey how 'bout I just try to order my light... then you can explain what I'm to do next? Shouldn't take more than 28 email exchanges. lol

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Holy crap it's Slumber Pass! I haven't forgotten you, my friend and hero.

^^^This guy knows all too well how difficult it is for me to insert a round peg into a round hole.

Hey how 'bout I just try to order my light... then you can explain what I'm to do next? Shouldn't take more than 28 email exchanges. lol
    Haha....you'll have too send it to me so I can figure it out first, but I've been honing my teaching skills. I think I can do it in 20 this time.

Hey guys, I'm still around. And on here, just not quite as much as I used to be. I am super busy, shipping orders at the moment, but I'll make time for anyone to answer questions about one of my lights. Even if it was purchased second hand. Send me an email at jeff@okluma.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    I bought mine used so I don't expect an invite to Jeff's appreciation banquet but y'all will def see me at the after party!
    Too late, I just invited you.

Hey Wimmer21, yes I believe you picked one up from me. That torch was built by Jeff himself including trit installation. He doesn't do it standard but was a special build I believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12