Deep Red 660nm 5mm LED replacements for A2

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize the information is elsewhere on the forums, but also that more than a handful have already been where I am and are where I want to go, so I am hoping not just to save myself and others time, but to get an accurate, authoritative, definitive answer, the best choice reasonably available, without running into more questions.

I don't know enough about LEDs, but know enough to know if I get the wrong LED it won't last or won't work, or won't work as well as better choices.

I run Li-ion 16340 regularly, and I would like some deep red 660nm 5mm LEDs I can prepare for use in a Koala ring. The purpose is for curiosity, color enhancement photography, and slightly more covert turtle surveillance.

I would like as bright as 660nm can be, whatever it is, for the voltage the A2 with 4.2V 16340 feeds the ring and sockets. Obviously we can't be too picky about beam quality, but as I suspect others have already figured out how good the beam can be, whatever it is, with whatever the best they could get from what is available. That's all I'm looking for... because though I can google, I don't know the required details about the LED I need, don't have the math and physics to figure it out for myself.

You all that do and already did it, what did you use? How is it working out for you? Much thanks.