we need a glossary

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I think we need an alphabetized glossary sticky for every sandwich, voltage regulator, light, system, accessory that has been sold, is being sold, or even will be sold.

-----update 11:23pst
ok, here's the deal, i'm willing to put together a glossary and continually add to it. I'll include abbreviations and plain jane terms.

i'll need help from everybody though. it may be easier for me to just ask what everything is rather than searching (which can be time consuming).

but I just want to make a very comprehensive list of information for everybody that may be new, or have been off the board for a while or whatnot.

i'll also be willing to add examples and web links to almost each and every term. (like say the the term "mad max" would include a detailed definition as well as a point to the sandwich shop)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
let us know when you're finished! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
probably whenever i figure out the difference between twak twok and ****.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Hey! You can't twok like dat on dis forum! It's a Family forum!

Seriously, Craig has most of the common terms on his site, and at the top of this page there's a link to it labeled "ACRONYMS" just below the first horizontal grey bar.

Daniel

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxeon star bin codes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, Kalieaire, I like your idea of creating a glossary that will hopefully go beyond acronyms. I know that if I had just joined CPF today, I wouldn't be able to understand half of what people say that would get really frustrating. Even though I have been a part of CPF for almost a year now, I still don't understand all of the vocabulary used here.

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A comprehensive glossary and/or encyclopedia would be great! Sorry, I can't contribute to putting one together, but I sure would use it a lot. As more and more new products and mods are introduced, I get more and more confused.

Thanks in advance to anyone involved in putting this together. It seems like an overwhelming task.