New nickname

lightnix

Enlightened
Just for the record: I have changed my CPF nickname from "Mr. Sesmesesles" to "lightnix", which brings it into line with my general web presence and identity in other forums.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
just what i need, more confusion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking of changing mine also the JT part is what I go by at work as everywhere I have worked there was always a Jeff there. The IVAT part was the company I worked at for the last ten years Intaglio Visual Arts and Technologies however I quit about two months ago and now work for BlueWater Technologies. As the old company was not to pleased with my leavening they have been real jerks and I really want to change the name but am not sure if I should as I have been jtivat here since I joined.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
don't do that to me guys!
I already have difficulties remembering names that do not change, and this would kill me ... argh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernhard

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
I'm seriously thinking of going back to "Telephony" (pronounced "tell a FONE' ee") myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good! I can't still can't get over your original change from Telephony to The LED Museum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
Good! I can't still can't get over your original change from Telephony to The LED Museum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Poof!!!
I'm Telephony again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
You ppl are KILLING ME !!!!!!!!!!!

Must you do this?
You are going to cause everyone to do this, and I will have to spend the next 3 months learning everyones names alll over again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

My nick: jtice (j t ice) the jt, is from my name,, John Trotto,,, the ice, is part of my very old nick, iceman.
I choose this, because I have an Ibenez Iceman guitar.

but I found that iceman was always taken when I went to signup some place new.

So, if you see jtice, anywhere else, chances are, its me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And,, I am NOT going to change it again. ;P

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Telephony said:
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Poof!!!
I'm Telephony again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering who "Telephony" was! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Thanks for clearing that up!

yclo

Flashaholic*
While we're at it, my nick means:

y c lo

First name: Ying Chee
Surname: Lo

-YC

P.S. I sign off as YC cause I'm too lazy to type the whole thing..

lightnix

Enlightened
Errmmmm... thanks guys... I think. Apologies to all moderators, it was just an FYI and I really wasn't expecting such a lively thread to spring up.

"lightnix" started out as my original domain name, based on the facts that my real name is Nick and do/did stage lighting (I'm trying to retire, but the money is sometimes still too tempting).

The old "Mr. Sesmesesles" tag came out a sketch in the fabulously dark Blue Jam radio series by Chris Morris (English comedy god and media terrorist) back in the late 1990s...

Agency Man: And this is Mr. Sesmesesles, who'll be parking your car.
Mr. Bentham: Hello, Mr. Sesmesesles.
Mr. Sesmesesles: Hello, Sir.
Agency Man: Now if you leave your keys with Mr. Prink in Key Reception, then he'll pop them through here and I'll give them to Mr. Sesmesesles and we'll have her parked in no time.
Mr. Bentham: Perhaps I could give Mr. Sesmesesles the key...
Agency Man: Ooh no, Sir.
Mr. Bentham: Right

so welcome... oo vudge welcome... in Blue Jam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I think I should leave now...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, now my new handle is "Wormmon".
It's from the TV show Digimon, if you need to know its origins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Formerly known as "Telephony" and "The LED Museum", if the graphics in my signature line aren't enough.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's just too confusing when everyone changes their screen names. Just when you think you are learning who's who, they change. And if you missed this thread, you just missed the announcement of a couple more changes. I say if you are going to change your screen name, you should list your old screen name in your sig line to help everyone adjust.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Big_Ed said:
...I say if you are going to change your screen name, you should list your old screen name in your sig line to help everyone adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not a bad idea at all!!!
I added my last two nicks to my signature line, so users will know it's me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Craig. You are easily identifiable due to the LED Museum link (Awesome website, btw) and the breaking urinal!! I hope everyone will follow your lead. Others who may not be as active on CPF, or those without distinctive siglines would be hard to identify if they didn't tell who they used to be. I might even mistake some for being new members or ones I've never interacted with, when all along it was someone I was familiar with.
Maybe you should do what the singer Prince did. Use a symbal for your name and we could all refer to you as "The flashlight nut/reviewer/guru formerly known as Telephony, and The LED Museum". I know, just use a picture of an LED or a flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Wormmon said:
Ok, now my new handle is "Wormmon".
It's from the TV show Digimon, if you need to know its origins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Formerly known as "Telephony" and "The LED Museum", if the graphics in my signature line aren't enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
You'll ALWAYS be "Craig" to us dude! You can run, but you can't hide!