flashlight with simple on/off switch

thomas.keller

Newly Enlightened
Seems to me, most modern flashlights are operated through one main button, which serves both as on/off switch, as well as menu (cycle through modes/strobe).Is there a brand of flashlights, which have simple on/off button, and a separate button for changing the modes ?I find the one-button-does-all over complicated. Ideally, i would like to be able to switch the mode (dim the light) by twisting the flashlight head, as it used to be common on some old flashlights.

sandotter

Newly Enlightened
Many of the EAGTAC flashlights have a tailcap switch for on and off and mode control is done by twisting the head. Eg. the P-Series. P25LC2 diffuser is a very interesting light.
:welcome:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at MakoffDevices.com.
They are all simple lights with a basic on / off forward clicky and Hi and Lo by twisting the head. They also do some small MDC lights which have the mode switching at the tail. But the MD2 heads, Wildcat and Hound Dog all have the system for which you are looking.
P

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
I'm not sure if you want an 18650 battery flashlight or a AA battery flashlight. Here's a suggestion for AA, just in case.

I recently received a Thrunite Archer 2A V3 and of all the flashlights I have so far, it's the easiest to operate. A button on the tailcap to turn on/off and a different button on the head to change modes. The light takes two AA batteries. I'm so happy with it that I might purchase some for Christmas gifts because it's a great flashlight and it's super easy to use (and the price is very reasonable). If I'm not mistaken, it's the brightest 2xAA flashlight available.
Modes & Run-time:
-Firefly: 0.2 lumen(28days);
-Low: 17 lumen(4days);
-Medium: 75 lumen(11hours)
-High: 500 lumen(96minutes)

There's also the Thrunite Archer 1A V3 that takes a single AA battery and operates the same way.
Modes & Run-time
-Firefly: 0.1 lumen(17days);
-Low: 17 lumen(22hours);
-Medium: 75 lumen(5hours)
-High: 200lumen(115minutes);

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Seems to me, most modern flashlights are operated through one main button, which serves both as on/off switch, as well as menu (cycle through modes/strobe).Is there a brand of flashlights, which have simple on/off button, and a separate button for changing the modes ?I find the one-button-does-all over complicated. Ideally, i would like to be able to switch the mode (dim the light) by twisting the flashlight head, as it used to be common on some old flashlights.

For the rotary dim you at speaking of you might want to look at HDS. They have a rotary switch but run on 123 cells. If you was a very good all round light I have the Fenix PD32 2016 Edition. Lumen levels are excellent.

Strobe
Sos

Check it out. This light is a great thrower and excellent on batteries.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Malkoff.

Welcome to the site thomas.

The Malkoff MD2 with hi/lo ring seems pricey going in at $127. But...
It's the last flashlight you'll ever need to buy.

Keep hanging around here and it won't be the last flashlight you'll want to buy.

Also check out a Klarus P1A at Amazon.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Malkoff.

Welcome to the site thomas.

The Malkoff MD2 with hi/lo ring seems pricey going in at $127. But...
It's the last flashlight you'll ever need to buy.

Keep hanging around here and it won't be the last flashlight you'll want to buy.

Also check out a Klarus P1A at Amazon.

The Klarus P1A is very similar to my Fenix E12.