Has anyone tried out the Klarus Mi7 AA light advertised above^?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the ad on the top of the screen there^^, and I clicked on it for info. I had a hard time finding the individual mode brightness numbers, so I went to batteryjunction and found the info there. It's called the Mi7 Mini Might. If I bought one and it actually said Mini Might on the side, I may be tempted to scratch it off!

Its a 1-AA light with an XP-L Hi led that also accepts 14500 batteries. Its got 3 brightness modes: AA battery- Low: 5lm, medium: 90lm, high: 330lm. 14500- 5lm, 90lm, 700lm(!!)

The cost is $39.99 and it comes in 3 colors, blue, red or black, all anodized colors. It looks cool and has good brightness and useful settings(although a 1-2 lumen low would be good).

But I don't see reviews for it. Has anyone bought one, or will it be reviewed soon that anyone is aware of?

Last edited:

DMS1970

Enlightened
I'm interested to see this as well, although I am not a fan of push and hold to turn on,I prefer side switches to twistys.

stephenk

Enlightened
There is a thread on this light under in the Klarus forum.
The first purchasers and reviewers are just starting to receive this light, so expect a few reviews within the next fortnight or so.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested to see this as well, although I am not a fan of push and hold to turn on,I prefer side switches to twistys.

I just took a closer look at its side switch UI, and it seems similar to Zebralight's UI. You quick click for high, click and hold for moonlight and click twice to enter low. That's the one thing I didn't care for with my now-lost SC52. I like my Spark SL5 side switch UI better. It has memory, so I just choose the setting I use most and it remembers it, so all I have to do is click once to get to my favorite mode, or click twice for turbo. If I want to cycle through modes, I just hold and let it cycle. It has NO annoying strobes or SOS, which I never use anyway. If I go backpacking and feel that I may need a strobe, I'll just carry another light with a strobe then.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is selling like hot cakes. It looks so pretty with many different colors. More importantly, they are smart to emulate the ZL awesome UI, include an electronic lockout feature, and keep those important SOS functions well hidden until they are needed. Looks like Klarus is on the right track with this light.

jbrett14

Enlightened
This light is selling like hot cakes. It looks so pretty with many different colors. More importantly, they are smart to emulate the ZL awesome UI, include an electronic lockout feature, and keep those important SOS functions well hidden until they are needed. Looks like Klarus is on the right track with this light.

I fully agree. I have been looking for quite a while for another brand to finally have a UI like the ZL lights.

DMS1970

Enlightened
I fully agree. I have been looking for quite a while for another brand to finally have a UI like the ZL lights.

I have and love a bunch of olights, s1, s2, and r50 seeker on the way. They are fantastic. From off, quick click for hi, double click for turbo, press and hold for moonlight. Strobes are hidden. All lights should be this way...

i dont ont really care about memory, since I can get what I need directly

Wendee

Enlightened

^^^
I agree, davidt1. The light sounds so great. :)
-----------

I'm patiently waiting for a CPF review of this light.

After having a horrible experience buying a different flashlight before there were any CPF reviews, I promised myself that I would never do that again. Until the Mi7 came along, I was keeping that promise but when seeing the discount price being offered (check the Group Buys section), I caved and bought one.

So yes, I broke my rule of not buying a light before there were CPF reviews :shakehead. I'm really hoping it's as good as I think it will be.

I've always wanted to try a 14500 flashlight and this will be my first one. The main reason that I bought this light is because of the safety features:
- Reverse polarity protection
- Over discharge protection
- Battery capacity indicator
- Lockout
- Accepts a protected 14500 battery.
According to a German review (the only review I can find), it accepts what I keep reading is the best protected 14500 battery, the protected Sanyo UR14500P (such as Keeppower & Orbtronic brands). Apparently, this battery is too long to fit in some other flashlights. I bought a few of these batteries for the Mi7.

Added bonus: Side switch, No PWM, hidden strobe (yay!), instant access to moonlight, instant access to high, it's small and it looks absolutely beautiful.

If it came in NW, had a tail cap momentary on button (like my Archer 2A), a pocket clip and a firefly level, it would be the perfect 1xAA light (for me) but I have yet to find any flashlight that has absolutely everything I'd like it to have :shrug:. The other great features of this light are what sold me. I guess I'm looking at the Mi7 with a "glass half full" rather than "glass half empty" perspective.

The German review stated that the high levels (AA & 14500) are lower than what's claimed (see the review for the numbers). The flashlight used in the German review was a pre-release version so the output on the lights we receive might be different (hopefully the same or better, not worse). I'm so curious to see what CPF members measure the output levels to be.
As stephenk said above, there should be a CPF review soon. I'm so looking forward to seeing a review on here (or first impressions).:popcorn: .

I can't wait to get mine. :D

jbrett14

Enlightened
I have and love a bunch of olights, s1, s2, and r50 seeker on the way. They are fantastic. From off, quick click for hi, double click for turbo, press and hold for moonlight. Strobes are hidden. All lights should be this way...

i dont ont really care about memory, since I can get what I need directly

Thanks for sharing this info. Like you, I don't care about memory either. I much prefer a light that you KNOW what mode it will come on in every time and without being dependent on the last mode you used before you turned it off.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
^^^

Added bonus: Side switch, No PWM, hidden strobe (yay!), instant access to moonlight, instant access to high, it's small and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Couldn't agree with you more. Mine is on the way, and I might get a few more actually.

Let me just add a little extra: the side button is metal so it's a full-metal body. Correct me if I am wrong, this is the first full-metal body light on this planet that comes with a signal function (SOS or beacon, in this case SOS). Not everyone care about this, but it's a big deal for me since I hate rubber. Fenix RC series are full-metal but doesn't have beacon. Olights with metal switches simply don't have beacon or sos in any of their lights. There are numerous lights that have beacon or sos but isn't with metal swtiches. Finally!

boo5ted

Enlightened
Couldn't agree with you more. Mine is on the way, and I might get a few more actually.

Let me just add a little extra: the side button is metal so it's a full-metal body. Correct me if I am wrong, this is the first full-metal body light on this planet that comes with a signal function (SOS or beacon, in this case SOS). Not everyone care about this, but it's a big deal for me since I hate rubber. Fenix RC series are full-metal but doesn't have beacon. Olights with metal switches simply don't have beacon or sos in any of their lights. There are numerous lights that have beacon or sos but isn't with metal swtiches. Finally!

Yes, the side button is aluminum just like the body of the light.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've pulled the trigger on this one too. I personally doubt 700 lumens from a 14500, but anything above 500 will be amazing. Personally, I want to know what it can do with an eneloop too. 330 lumens seems too high, but it will be fun to see.

This light looks like a ground breaker. [emoji106]

DMS1970

Enlightened
I did not realize the button is metal, thanks for the clarification. I too prefer metal switches (eg, my Olight r15) over the rubber switches (eg Olight s1/2). On the r15 they even managed to fit a red led into the metal switch for battery level. I'm definitely going to have to try the Klarus out!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-L HI emitter in this light is going to produce a tiny hot spot with some throw, maybe a lot of throw for a smallish AA light. I hope all buyers know that going in. For the price, it could be a dream light for some, or not.

My dream light would be my Zebralight H52w with the Armytek TIR optics 70 degree hot spot. Oh well...

Last edited:

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
i just got my Mi7 today and have to say it is amazing! I will do a vid review soon! This light is crazy, the 700 lumen is legit and of course only for the 14500 cell setup. The light don't need a pocket clip, it's more like a big keychain light lol! comes with a lanyard for your wrist, and the button is nice. Very good lockout feature and also easy to strobe (double click). Good they come with one 1.5v AA inside too, nice touch, I love lights that come with battery freeebies, makes me much more happy than a light that is empty when I open the box!

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just got my Mi7 today and have to say it is amazing! I will do a vid review soon! This light is crazy, the 700 lumen is legit and of course only for the 14500 cell setup. The light don't need a pocket clip, it's more like a big keychain light lol! comes with a lanyard for your wrist, and the button is nice. Very good lockout feature and also easy to strobe (double click). Good they come with one 1.5v AA inside too, nice touch, I love lights that come with battery freeebies, makes me much more happy than a light that is empty when I open the box!
is this your youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/c/chiinnature/videos

looking forward to your review!!

Latest posts