Gave my Fenix PD32 away today...I miss it but I know it's in good hands

outdoorguy82

Newly Enlightened
My family and I took a 3 day trip to Mammoth Cave in south central Kentucky. We toured one of the caves there and our guide was carrying what looked like a 2 d cell mag with him. It was one of those old style incandescent Maglite flashlights that just make you cringe if you are used to the newer lights. Anyways I really liked the tour and our guide so when we were almost finished with it I decided to give him my Fenix PD32 to use in the place of his old Maglite. He thanked me for giving him my light and also giving him a $20 tip. He said that he will remember me for that lol. I know he will make good use of the flashlight on his future tours.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I've been on a couple cave tours where the guide had a similar light. I didn't give away my lights on those trips though. That's really nice of you!

outdoorguy82

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it's really amazing when you compare the two lights lol...it was cool because we were the only people on that tour and it was like taking a tour with a knowledgeable friend instead of a tour guide. If he wasn't as cool as he was then I wouldn't have gave it away to him. One of those rare times when you just connect with someone. Plus it gives me a good reason to upgrade to a newer zebralight :devil: lovecpf

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha that is a convenient reason to get a new one. Yeah we went on a tour with only one or two other people once which was a blast. The guide let me use my light (at that time I brought a PD32UE) and you're right that with a small number of people it can be especially fun. Now you're making me want to schedule another cave tour sometime soon. :)

outdoorguy82

Newly Enlightened
Haha that is a convenient reason to get a new one. Yeah we went on a tour with only one or two other people once which was a blast. The guide let me use my light (at that time I brought a PD32UE) and you're right that with a small number of people it can be especially fun. Now you're making me want to schedule another cave tour sometime soon. :)

caves never disappoint the avid flashaholic unless they don't permit them. It is so cool to see formations that were created by thousands or millions of years of mineral deposits. To think that something can go that long without being disturbed is mind boggling. Send me a pm if you plan on visiting the area and I'll give you a few lesser known places that are cool to visit and usually have much less people than the main attractions. :sssh:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Mammoth last month. Also had a great experience with the tour guides. I thought it was pretty cool they were good with people bringing their own lights, though one kid in our group kep using his at say 800 lumen while I found about 40 to be sufficient for the most part. (A little light goes a long way when 300ft underground)

dreze888

Newly Enlightened
That was nice of you. We were at Luray Caverns last summer and one of our buddies had a great flashlight that made everything better.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Very nice gesture/deed! I love giving things away and surprising people by doing so... Just recently shipped some hockey memorabilia to someone I crossed paths with on a hockey forum... The individual thinks he'll only be receiving an autographed framed player photo of one of his favorite players - but he'll also be receiving an autographed authentic customized jersey of the same player (which I had in my possession for years and simply no longer needed to hold onto)...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
man he will be blown away I am sure. Had my original 340 lumen 32 since it came out. It has been through a LOT and still barely has a scratch. Classic light. I have not been to Luray in years last time was so long ago couldnt really see much down there the lighting was so dim. Giving away some of my mountain of modded D Mags to a fresh member. Nothing to fancy just good glass lenses good drop ins and a couple mini pros with actual switches on the rear.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about give away one to the cpf member? Ha., just kidding.., now go buy yourself a tk16 or pd35.