Best flashlight under $100 bucks! Convoy L6 3800 lumen. A MUST HAVE!

stephenk

Enlightened
I wouldn't disagree, it is an impressive light for the price, as can be seen by the large number of positive reviews. Quite possibly "the light of 2016".

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
despite the fact that I know this specific emitter would leave artifacts I would love to put a smooth reflector in it for some more throw and definition. I have the light and yes am pretty darn impressed especially for the price. Just the whole my Et MX25L2 easily out throws the L6 with far less output just gets my flashaholism up

cplively

Newly Enlightened
What 26650s are you guys using in this light?

I see they recommend the protected Keeppower battery. I was asking because I see Orbtronic also has a protected 26650, but it may be too long.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
despite the fact that I know this specific emitter would leave artifacts I would love to put a smooth reflector in it for some more throw and definition. I have the light and yes am pretty darn impressed especially for the price. Just the whole my Et MX25L2 easily out throws the L6 with far less output just gets my flashaholism up

Sure matt can de-dome it for you:naughty: should be getting on for 200kcd give/take then!

Great vid matt, always a pleasure to watch:cool:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
What 26650s are you guys using in this light?
I would run king kong's or Keeppower

BTW: Sold, thanks Matt. If he says it is good to go, I am in. Obviously the machining is great if you couldn't see the joint to add the lanyard ring. That tells me right off the threading & knurling should be very good.

Did you check out the internals? I just wonder about heat sinking and wire thickness & quality? Thanks bro.

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review! I bought my Convoy L6 (NW) a few weeks ago. I had the same ?? how does this lanyard ring go on ?? - although what I really need to say is "thanks for including a lanyard ring!!"

While I'm more of a 16340 / 18350 or small form 18650 this light is a keeper. I've bought some cheaper lights lately, but prior to this year this would have been one of my cheaper lights and yes the quality seems to hang in with the more expensive lights.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The smooth reflector and host version should be available anytime now.