Lumintop IYP365

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Since I could not find any thread on this light, I'll start a new one here... :grin2:

IYP365_01.jpg

This is actually my first Lumintop light, the rabbit symbol looks innocent and yet something sinister is lurking behind... don't worry, it's just me... :candle:

IYP365_02.jpg

Here is a direct copy from manufacturer's website...
Detailed Features:
1) Utilizes High CRI Nichia 219BT LED or CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED with 50,000-hour lifetime
2) Output mode/Runtime:
CREE-Type: High: 200 lumens/35Minutes, Mid(Default): 40 lumens/25hours, Low: 3 Lumens/50 hours
NICHIA-Type: High: 125 lumens/35Minutes, Mid(Default): 25 lumens/25 hours, Low: 1.5 Lumens/50 hours
3) 3 modes: Mid-Low-High; Two ways to change modes: press the clicky switch or tighten/loose the head
4) Runs on: 2 x AAA (NOT included) (10440 Not Recommend) +actually, the box says 10440 Not Supported
5) Dimensions: Length: 5.04" (128mm); Head Diameter: 0.57" (14.5mm); Body Diameter: 0.49"(12.5mm); Weight: 0.81oz(23g) (excluding battery)
6) Max Beam Intensity and Distance
CREE-Type: 900cd, 60meters
NICHIA-Type: 506cd, 45meters
7) High-efficiency digitally regulated circuit to maintain a constant brightness as battery life diminishes
8) Glow in the Dark front O-ring around reflector +that provides "invisible" glow after 5 minutes...
9) Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
10) Double-side AR coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission (99% light transmittance)
11) Multi-Function, clicky tail switch provides one-handed operation and easy access to all functions
12) High quality stainless steel clip makes it durable and keeps a firm grip on your pocket
13) Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle +no, not at all securely! you liar! :nana:
14) Impact resistance to 1.5 meters and waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (submersible to 2 meters)
15) Market applications include, but are not limited to everyday carry, keychain(+huh?!), gift, emergency, security, hardware/tool and many other uses
16) Operation: Click the tail switch to turn on/off; when the light is on, press the switch to select brightness (Mid-Low-High); or tighten/loose the head to change modes
+17) Lock out feature: Loosen the head (I humbly recommend half turn) to prevent accidental turn on. You can leave the clicky swtich in On mode and use the light as twisty.
+note the inline red comments are mine.

What's inside: IYP365 (the penlight), 2 Duracell Alkalines, 2 O-rings... can't see the o-rings?
IYP365_03.jpg

here, another shot, still can't see the o-rings?
IYP365_04.jpg

how about this... clearer?
IYP365_05.jpg

the 2 o-rings are of different size, guessing one for the head and another for the tail switch. The 2 free Duracell batteries have their negative terminal protected too.

IYP365_06.jpg

just a random shot.

IYP365_07.jpg

and another random shot..

IYP365_08.jpg

gold ring.

IYP365_11.jpg

and another gold ring..

IYP365_10.jpg

the pocket clip...

and finally,
IYP365_09.jpg

the LED, the Nichia LED, the Nichia 219BT LED, the one and only reason I buy this Lumintop IYP365.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review, great photos and comments!!

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
so, i started with the One...
IYP365_12.jpg

and remember the saying "one is none, two is one"... so...
IYP365_13.jpg

and I've always preach that we need to have a backup or two...
IYP365_14.jpg

so I decided to get a backup to my backup to my backup...

and yes, they are all Nichia 219BT!

Last edited:

FNG

Enlightened
I got my IYP365 on 2016/07/22 and the switch just stopped clicking and the light doesn't come on. I have another one BNIB and swapped the head/batteries to it and it works.

rookie, do you have a contact at LUMINTOP or should I go through Amazon?

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
rookie, do you have a contact at LUMINTOP or should I go through Amazon?
sorry to hear about your switch problem, I don't have any contact at Lumintop as I bought the lights from a local flashlight retailer. Perhaps one of our forum reviewers have their contacts?

FNG

Enlightened
I just initiated a return with Amazon and will send it back this week. Overall, I really liked everything about the light and am disappointed that the switch went out so soon. On the other hand I'm glad that it happened now because it's still within the return policy window. I'd be more disappointed if it happened a few months from now and I'd have to send it to China.

This was my first light purchased in years as you can probably tell from the lights my sig line. Now to search for another "perfect" unobtrusive EDC.

lO4fPav.jpg
oOluplt.jpg

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
I just initiated a return with Amazon and will send it back this week. Overall, I really liked everything about the light and am disappointed that the switch went out so soon. On the other hand I'm glad that it happened now because it's still within the return policy window. I'd be more disappointed if it happened a few months from now and I'd have to send it to China.
agreed, I would be disappointed too and thanks for the heads-up. just tested mine by actuating the switch >500 times, seems to be working so far. Nice I.Y.P. (In Your Pocket) photo! :thumbsup:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Would love to see a beamshot of the Nichia version running in Medium mode...

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Thanks. It is a good looking light. Beam shots possible?

Would love to see a beamshot of the Nichia version running in Medium mode...

The following beam shots are taken with camara settings of:
Model: Sony RSC-RX100
F-stop: F/8
Exposure time: 1/2 second
ISO Speed: ISO-80
White Balance: Daylight

First, the contenders:
bsIMPH_01.jpg

bsIMPH_02.jpg

bsIMPH_03.jpg

bsIMPH_04.jpg

bsIMPH_05.jpg

bsIMPH_06.jpg

bsIMPH_07.jpg

bsIMPH_08.jpg

bsIMPH_09.jpg

bsIMPH_10.jpg

bsIMPH_11.jpg

bsIMPH_12.jpg

bsIMPH_13.jpg

bsIMPH_14.jpg

bsIMPH_15.jpg

bsIMPH_16.jpg

bsIMPH_17.jpg

Hope these helps...

Edit: note that these are underexposed shots with the chosen camera parameters and may appear too dark to be view on your mobile phone, still experimenting different parameters to take beam shots... :grin2:

Last edited:

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
This light default on to mid mode rather than low? Why...

FNG

Enlightened
Because medium is well suited for a wide variety of tasks with ambient light.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Because medium is well suited for a wide variety of tasks with ambient light.

Which means medium shoud exist, true. But default it means the advantage of having a low mode to save night vision is pretty much gone. CPF has gone through this discussion over and over again I thought the conclusion is clear...

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
To each his own. whether it's L-M-H or M-L-H or H-M-L, it's a design decision that manufacturer makes that they thinks satisfy certain market segment or demographics at the time, who knows, they might release a new edition with a L-M-H configuration than the current M-L-H?
For me, starting in mid-mode is perfect as my eyesight is aging and need more light to see than it used to. There are plenty of penlights with L-M-H configurations, and I found when using one with L-M-H configurations, 99% of the time I change to mid-mode upon turning it on.
If the conclusion is clear due to some forum discussions, then I'm glad that there are manufacturers that think outside the norm (for the moment)... I guess I'd get another backup unit before it's gone. :grin2:

Cheers mate.