Malkoff        
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread?

Default Re: The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Another good item offered in by-gone days.

~ Chance

Photo Credit
    - Sharpy_swe
    September 2011
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 09-19-2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: add photo credit
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

I missed a titanium Preon by $1 today....aaargh....

I'm sorry C.E. that's rough.

~ C.G.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Awesome thread CG, lots of 47 goodness and can't believe I have missed it till today

I don't own any foursevens lights. But not because David Chau is doing anything wrong.
    You see, I'm one of those people who find it daunting to correct the clocks in my car twice a year at time change and only wear my digital watches during daylight savings time... after getting one stuck from DC time to London time I just decided 'never mind'... and my kids aren't always around to show me how it is done (again).
    So I'll just sit back and watch this one.

Impressive stuff to say the least.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 09-20-2016 at 05:20 AM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Awesome thread CG, lots of 47 goodness and can't believe I have missed it till today
    Thank you, ven. I'm glad you found it. CPF is a big place.

~ C.G.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    I don't own any foursevens lights. But not because David Chau is doing anything wrong.
    You see, I'm one of those people who find it daunting to correct the clocks in my car twice a year at time change and only wear my digital watches during daylight savings time... after getting one stuck from DC time to London time I just decided 'never mind'... and my kids aren't always around to show me how it is done (again).
    So I'll just sit back and watch this one.

Impressive stuff to say the least.
    HA! It's a red-letter day when three of my favorite CPF'ers stop in and post.

~ Chance

Now where is the latest 47's edition

Member fiveform took a Scotchbrite pad to his polished titanium Preon P2. Wonderful results!

~ C.G.

Photo Credit
    - fiveform
    February 2010

Time for an updated photograph of the 4 & FourSevens collection.

~ C.G.

Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 09-28-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Playing with the pano picture size.

I would love to add an S12 / MMU to the collection.

~ Chance

I have one of each and love them-if I ever get my knee "unbroken" there are new mountains to climb by my new house. Of course my dr flipped when I said I was going back to mountain climbing(hey, I gave up skydiving, motorcycles and a few other hobbies)....flashlights, mountains, good combo...right?

ba dee ba dee ba dee, that's all folks. Out of stock.

~ Chance

Want to see something really cool?

~ Chance

Photo Credit
    - FourSevens
    December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    ba dee ba dee ba dee, that's all folks. Out of stock.

~ Chance

I was never over keen on these at the start, now they really appeal................very smart/classy(not that i am)

You and me both, Ven. It took me a while to warm-up to um. ....... still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on a Ti Bolt-Action. Perhaps one will become available sometime in the future.

~ Chance

Paladin acquired...

Still aint figured how to get moonlight strobe, medium low, or how to get it to make flight reservations yet..
    But the low/high, high/low with memory makes it one of my favorite dailys.

Recently used it to give my kitchen a nice candle light glow while enjoying a midnight snack.

The polished Ti Paladin is a great choice. It was mine also. ...... trying to figure out how to justify purchasing the blue one next. I'm sure you'll figure out how to operate the UI in short order. Perhaps while you're enjoying those midnight snacks. Was it PK that brought you to purchase a FourSevens/PK light?

~ Chance

In case you haven't viewed this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=QM6ku2MTyjQ
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 10-16-2016 at 10:53 AM.

The polished Ti Paladin is a great choice. It was mine also. ...... trying to figure out how to justify purchasing the blue one next. I'm sure you'll figure out how to operate the UI in short order. Perhaps while you're enjoying those midnight snacks. Was it PK that brought you to purchase a FourSevens/PK light?

~ Chance
    I pretty much gave up on trying to figure out the UI when I learned the number of clicks to get certain modes going varied based on if you begin from low or high...

The knight was the one I was considering adding to my PK inspired collection but fate worked out the details. So yeah I suppose it was that.

It's hard to go wrong with a PK. Once you have one in-hand, it's hard to let go.

~ C.G.

Yup... it's one of those lights where I look for reasons to use a flashlight, day or night. That and a 1aa Pelican (2350) I just scored.

And I did figure out the UI... I was just joshin' about it. But prefer the factory simple way David and PK designed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Yup... it's one of those lights where I look for reasons to use a flashlight, day or night. That and a 1aa Pelican (2350) I just scored.

And I did figure out the UI... I was just joshin' about it. But prefer the factory simple way David and PK designed it.
    I figured it was the greasy fried chicken from your midnight snack that was causing the UI problems.

~ Chance

I figured it was the greasy fried chicken from your midnight snack that was causing the UI problems.

~ Chance
    Mind reader. Doh!

Nobody was supposed to know that part. lol

I'd really like to purchase the larger sibling. If anyone has one in good shape, please let me know.

~ Chance

P.C.
    - ernsanada December 2009
    Ha! Less than three months later and one is on its way to join the collection. Oh yes, it will be mine.

~ Chance

Here's an old pic I "dug up". I have three of the neutral low voltage XP-E tactical heads and 1 high voltage head that is paired with the 18650 body (not pictured). To this day, these are still my most-used lights and I haven't bought a Quark since. I carry the AA daily. If newer neutral emitters were available, I would update them in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by NutSAK; 10-18-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    - Terry

They are easy to mod...

hi Mike!

Thanks for reminding me. That is something I need to consider. Something in the 5000K temp range perhaps...
    - Terry

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    They are easy to mod...
    That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. I've heard that they are a pain to mod, and a high risk of damaging them in the process.

That's a great picture, NutSAK!

~ C.G.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast