HDS Systems        
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread?

Default The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that. I've heard that they are a pain to mod, and a high risk of damaging them in the process.
    Quark?

I just did one today. I've done at least a dozen. Not too tough. You just need to be careful opening it.

LED swaps are easy. I tried to take the driver out but gave up. Didn't want to risk damaging it.

Also, the LED board is 12.5mm wide. I just reflow a new LED into the stock board.

Edit: Also have more experience doing gen 1 preons now too. I've done about 6-8 preons.
    Last edited by gunga; 10-18-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Quark?

I just did one today. I've done at least a dozen. Not too tough. You just need to be careful opening it.

LED swaps are easy. I tried to take the driver out but gave up. Didn't want to risk damaging it.

Also, the LED board is 12.5mm wide. I just reflow a new LED into the stock board.
    I've heard it's hard to open up the head, and a high risk of damaging the driver in the process.

V grip channel locks with rubber straps. No damage. No driver risk.

I love USPS Text Notification! I was out the door and down the sidewalk before the Flashlight Delivery Man got out of his truck.

Two new additions arrived today.

~ Chance

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Lovely shinies there, Chance!
    - Terry

Thank you, NutSAK.

I recently added these Preon Penlights to the collection.

What good is a collection, if it doesn't grow?
    - Raymond Reddington

~ Chance

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

This rare Quark was recently found on a dusty back shelf at New Graham Knives. , and it's currently making its way to me.

Why is it rare, Chance? I'm glad you asked. It's a limited addition neutral white R4. The maximum output is only 220 lumens but as most of you reading this probably already know, I'm very fond of all things 4Sevens, especially items that are no longer being produced.
    Finding a NIB, neutral white Quark made an already great day even better.

Thanks for reading this far, and I was just kidding about NGK having dusty shelves.

~ Chance

Photo Credit
    - New Graham Knives
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 10-27-2016 at 12:47 PM.

I like the flexibility of the low-voltage heads better, but to find a neutral R4 NIB? Very nice, Chance!
    - Terry

Quote Originally Posted by NutSAK View Post

I like the flexibility of the low-voltage heads better, but to find a neutral R4 NIB? Very nice, Chance!
    Thanks. I enjoy the hunt, but pulling the trigger's the rush.

~ C.G.

My all-time favorite EDC.

Quark AA Tactical neutral with deep-carry clip and Pro tail. XP-E Q3 5A3 emitter

- Terry

Default The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Why Tactical? I have a ti Tactical I was thinking of trying to swap for a pro circuit but wound like to hear why you prefer Tactical.
    Last edited by gunga; 10-28-2016 at 09:46 AM.

The only reason is that I CCW. I must be able to momentarily activate as many times in a row as I want without changing modes. Other than that, I see no real advantage to tactical UI.

Keeping things simple is key in stressful situations, and whether I carry a Malkoff or a Quark tactical for this purpose, I don't have to think because the UI is the same.
    Last edited by NutSAK; 10-28-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    - Terry

Ccw? Ah. I see. I think I'll keep it then. Simple. And I have enough complicated lights. Thanks.

The simplicity advantage carries over to when I wake up in the wee hours groggy and have to operate a flashlight. I've come to really appreciate two well-chosen levels and they are really all I need for the majority of my flashlight uses, CCW or not. Of course the Quark has the advantage of program-ability of the two levels for changing situations such as daily activity vs. camping.
    - Terry

What is ccw?

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    What is ccw?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concea..._United_States
    - Terry

Hi, Terry. I doubt it's a neutral, but maybe a new favorite is in the works from the fine folks at FourSevens.

~ C.G.

Ah I see.

Yes, I received that email this morning Chance. I'm excited about it and am looking forward to the details!

Not that I'm buying any lights though...
    - Terry

I hope it's current controlled and not pwm. Please be current controlled or make the pwm faster!
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

David has posted an insane number concerning the lumen output.

~ C.G.

Where has he posted? I believe the announcement email stated 1000 lumens.
    - Terry

Yes, it was in the e mail announcement. Now you've gone and spoiled the suspense. 1,000 lumens from a single CR123A. I'm wondering if it's going to be a "flash"light in the truest sense of the word.
    As in millisecond runtimes. No matter.

~ Chance

We need a ti version CG tell your 47 contacts , its CPF law

Hey post #127, its crazy how we think 220lm is not much these days and its not..................In reality its a mighty fine bit of output to push past when darkness falls. HDS's 200lm is ample for most, the 300lm mule i have been using constant, again more than ample. We are spoiled in this day and age with 1000lm giggle modes, all be them useful for the full 40 seconds...........For longer uses, being frugal on the mah by gently sipping it, 200lm is a decent amount of usefulness.

That 47's ti on #124 is a real thing of beauty, stunning, polished,shiny awesome. Although i (geez i dont think i have one 47's light right now), i do like them a lot. The ano to the quality from the x3vn of past is above and beyond most . This new little mini will more than likely push me over the 47's edge..............just need to sort out getting it over to my side come the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Yes, it was in the e mail announcement. Now you've gone and spoiled the suspense. 1,000 lumens from a single CR123A. I'm wondering if it's going to be a "flash"light in the truest sense of the word.
    As in millisecond runtimes. No matter.

~ Chance
    Oh well, nobody seems to participate in this forum anymore anyway... I think it would help traffic a bit if David were to make announcements here too. I realize he's a busy guy though.

Yes, we still have some suspense as to what the storage capacity of the custom cell is. That would at least give us an idea as to how short of a "flash" it is we're talking about!
    - Terry

Yep. It's a pretty lonely place.

Updated collection pictures. Waiting for the rain to stop.

~ C.G.

Flashaholic*

...1,000 lumens from a single CR123A...
    I don't think it's going to push 1,000 lumens from a CR123A. Based on Foursevens announcement it looks like that output will be from a 16340.

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    I don't think it's going to push 1,000 lumens from a CR123A. Based on Foursevens announcement it looks like that output will be from a 16340.
    Right you are, eraursis1984. Taken from the announcement:

Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery, enhanced Mil-Spec electronics and advanced optics, the Mini Mark II RAISES THE BAR OF EDC LIGHTS with a never before achieved 1000 lumens as well as a true current-regulated sub-one lumen moonlight mode with a 19 DAY runtime!

Right you are, eraursis1984. Taken from the announcement:

Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery
    I mentioned the cell in post #145. I guess that was missed.
    - Terry

From the fine folks at FOURSEVENS ~

As we mentioned in our previous email, the upcoming Mini Mark II sets a new industry standard with a staggering 1000 lumens produced from a single CR123A battery.

NOTE: 1000 lumens output only available from our custom high-discharge rate RCR123A

Our team at FOURSEVENS has been designing the next generation Mini flashlight for over a year now. By using higher grade electronics and military-grade optics we’ve been able to reduce the size of the Mini even more, while increasing the output from 252 lumens in the Mini ML to 1000 lumens.

A new RECHARGEABLE RCR123A cell was developed that could handle this amount of power. Most CR123A batteries max out at 750 lumens, but ours can go even higher.

The high grade electronics in the Mark II will auto-regulate to keep the unit from overheating. After 15 seconds the light output will dim down to 300 lumens to keep the flashlight at a safe operating temperature.

The Mini Mark II features a TIR (total internal reflector) optic with a 99% light transmittance rate. The TIR optic went through dozens of iterations to achieve a perfectly balanced spot-flood beam normally only found on reflectors. This optic avoids the "tunnel vision" you often experience with less balanced beams.

With the launch of the Mini Mark II, FOURSEVENS is also releasing a new portable charger. Keep an eye on your inbox for more details...

Mini Mark II - Radically Small. Simply Brilliant.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast