Fenix TK15UE battery question

Fenix Elite

Newly Enlightened
I just recently bought the Fenix TK15UE. According to the manual, it says this flashlight recommended to use Fenix ARB-L18 Series and Fenix ARB-L2 Series. I have Eagletac 18650 and other brand of batteries. Can I use other brands' batteries instead of Fenix's batteries? Are the other brands are safe to use? The manual has the warning text cautioned about 18650 type of batteries.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recently bought the Fenix TK15UE. According to the manual, it says this flashlight recommended to use Fenix ARB-L18 Series and Fenix ARB-L2 Series. I have Eagletac 18650 and other brand of batteries. Can I use other brands' batteries instead of Fenix's batteries? Are the other brands are safe to use? The manual has the warning text cautioned about 18650 type of batteries.

Welcome to CPF! :welcome:

You can use other brands' 18650 cells of good quality in the TK15UE. The more capacity, the better. I don't know the quality of the Eagletac 18650, but it should be OK. If you don't know about the 18650 Li-ion batteries well, I recommend you use the protected 18650 cell in the light. And I use other brands' protected 18650 of good quality in the Fenix lights. :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
they are just trying to sell you their batteries. I will give it up...the 3500mah Fenix cell is amazing but there are other cheaper 3500mah cells to be had

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I use other brands' batteries instead of Fenix's batteries? Are the other brands are safe to use?

Yes
The manual gives general advice.
Some people use junk batteries that can create performance problems with powerful flashlights (and these batteries can be dangerous)
Use good batteries and chargers, and everything will be fine.
EagleTac battery is very good, they are good batteries (except the blue 2500 mA version that can be mediocre)

(Translate with Google)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
running a 3500mah Keeppower in my UE and the light just rocks. 13 bucks vs the 21+ dollars Fenix wants for their version of the GA.