"Best for the money" flexible LED light strip?

BlakeJ

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to find some good quality LED flexible strip lights, but there's a ton of options out there.

I'm wanting a green one with high output and as low power consumption as I can get away with. Doesn't necessarily have to be waterproof. I'd like to get one in the 5 meter length, and then cut it in half to make two out of. I'm kinda looking for the "best for the money" option, I'd rather not spend a ton of money on it but I also don't want junk.

Any ny help is appreciated!

BlakeJ

Newly Enlightened
Nothing?

I've read quite a bit of other posts here and other places, but nobody actually lists some good quality brands. And it seems like you can buy either the super cheap 5 meter rolls on Amazon for $10, or $100 5 meter rolls on other sites.

I'm looking for something in between, around $30-$50 for a 5 meter roll with good quality and longevity.

mercrazy

Newly Enlightened
i've yet to see a strip light i would call high quality.
most strips rely on the embedded copper circuitry to act as heatsink.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Check digi-key for quality led strips, but don't expect low price there. $60 for 5 meter strip - quite real.

BlakeJ

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of any other brands?

Are these strips new? Why aren't there any more quality options out there?

BlakeJ

Newly Enlightened
Underwater fishing lights. So I need something that will last, because I'm enclosing everything and I'd have to build a new one if it crapped out.

Theledman

Newly Enlightened
I thought that was what you were making. There is a very good YouTube video that shows how to make these. I watched his video and made a few changes and made 2 submergible lights. Anyway I don't know of any in the middle led strip lights. Like you said they are either $10 or $100. I have searched and searched but no luck. The question has been asked on this blog but nobody has said yes here is the site and what they cost and why they are better than the old cheapos. I do know that if a strip is UL approved that alone would be a better strip. A strip to be UL approved has to pass certain test. Mostly these UL approved strips are for commercial applications thereby making them the more expensive. I'm still searching and if I run across some ill let you know. One more thing if you want a strip to last longer then you could buy 24vdc instead of the 12vdc. The amperage on the 24vdc set would be half that of the 12vdc thereby less Heat on chips.

Theledman

Newly Enlightened
Go to this site: http://www.made-in-china.com
In the search box type what you are looking for (color (green) size (5050) and (led light strips) and (warranty). Example: Green smd 5050 led light strips warranty.
Found led light strips on this site that have warranty from 1 year to 3 year. You need to select get latest price and enter what you are looking for and someone will get back to you on your email showing the updated price. All of the sites have a minimum order from 1 piece to 5000 rolls so look out for this also.
Hope you find what you are looking for.