New Astrolux MH10 (XP-L Hi, Rechargeable, ramping mode, display..)

Trevilux

Enlightened
This new Astrolux flashlight, is a new release of Astrolux brand:

- XP-L Hi, reflector smooth (available in Cool and Neutral)
- Ramping mode from 1 lumen to 1000 lumens + 3 special (strobe/beacon/SOS)
- Rechargeable by microUSB
- Battery: 1x18650 / 2x CR123A
- Display; lumens, voltage, alert high temperature (over 55ºC)
- Size/weigh: 109mm*32mm(head)*25.4mm . 94 gr. without battery

Making spanish review here http://luxlinternas.blogspot.com.es/2016/07/astrolux-mh10-xp-l-hi-1x186502xcr123a.html

My short video for feel the interface:

some Pics:

Astrolux%2BMH10%2Bb.jpg

Holster%2BAstrolux%2BMH10.jpg

astrolux%2BMH10%2Bhands%2B1.jpg

Astrolux%2BMH10%2Bgroup%2Bpic.jpg

Led%2BAstrolux%2BMH10.jpg

gIgL2Pc.jpg

bECRQZD.jpg

FK5Fn1q.jpg

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review and video! I didn't see it mentioned so I assume it is not available as an option, but wanted to verify.. are there any shortcuts to low or high?

Trevilux

Enlightened
Hi moshow9:

You are right!, when insert battery turn on in 1000 lumens mode, next time will be memory for the last power used, I do not know direct access to low or high.

Trevilux

Enlightened
The light arrived without clip, but the standard size 25.4mm makes that the clip of the Nitecore (P10,P20,P12,MH12 and Imalent clip for DM series fits ok):

Here Astolux MH10 with Nitecore P10 clip:

NXlafZW.jpg

Yesterday I checked in the high mode, after some minutes, the light drop to 500 lumens, I mess the temperature over the head surface and is 55ºC, exactly the temperature indicate by manufacturer for thermal management, the display shows at this moment alert by "Hot", if the temperature not down enought drop again. I like seems safety.

gesti%25C3%25B3n%2Bt%25C3%25A9rmica.jpg

Some datailed pics of body:

Astrolux%2BMH10%2Bportada%2Bb.jpg

Astrolux%2BMH10%2Bpuerto%2Bde%2Bcarga.jpg

Astrolux%2BMH10%2Bacceso%2Bfrontal%2Bal%2Bled.jpg

Astrolux%2BMH10%2Benganche%2Blanyard.jpg

Roscas%2BAStrolux%2BMH10%2Bthreads.jpg

astrolux%2BMH10%2Bpoles.jpg

Trevilux

Enlightened
In my unit is ok, but it offer a instant value of the voltage with battery operating, not in sleep mode as a tester. , for example if you are in high mode the real value of voltage is perhaps 3.7V with a full battery....If you want get a reallistic value of rest of battery charge, you must go to a low power 1-10-20 lumens some time and check it.

Trevilux

Enlightened
Yesterday arrived the clip that now is included in all sales for free (also includes tube for 18350 and of course the original for 18650) (about 32USD!!)
Of course this clip fits better that my previously pic with the Nitecore P10 clip.

Review Blog MH10

H7l4Sw9.jpg

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a clone of an Imalent light.

I have the Imalent and was not impressed.

The UI is horrifically bad. The biggest problem is the control system.

Instead of actual buttons the light has infrared sensors that you "press". In my experience, these sensors did not work well. It almost always took several tries just to get the controls to do something. When I was using it I couldn't help thinking "if only they had used buttons, this would be so much better".

The sensors are also very hard to find by touch. If you pull the light out of your pocket first you spend a few seconds rotating the light trying to find the sensors. Then you spend several more seconds pressing the sensors trying to get them to activate.

When you actually find the controls and get them to work you discover that the User Interface is very poorly designed. The light has No shortcuts to min or max, and only a relatively slow ramping to adjust brightness.

My conclusion: The designers tried to reinvent the wheel and failed. In putting in new bells and whistles they forgot to ask themselves the most important question: "Is this actually better?"