Life without CPF

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last night I hit 'post reply' and got an error message. Figuring Greta was doing some maintenance I just set about retiring for the evening.

This morning still no CPF (gasp)... At 9:30am EST still no CPF.

I pondered "what if CPF is gone forever?"
Sure we'd be ok, but...

How would you spend your time usually spent here?
Would you buy less flashlights?
How abouts friends at the site? Would you lose contact with them?

When I checked it at 10:47am EST it was back.
Phew!!!

kānœ

Newly Enlightened
This place is great -BUT- I'm overwhelmed w/ all of the info- I can't find stuff and I don't know what all the little buttons do. If I ever figure it out - life w/o it would be bad I'm sure

ven

Flashaholic
Good question , well I would probably go and get a job, might even take and pick the kids up....get a shower too as its been since 2013!

Ok yes I felt a bit of pain as cpf is my kind of chill out. Some read books, play games (ok I do some of the latter from time to time). I go on cpf to read, learn and catch up on stuff with :cool:like minded folks.

I would keep in contact with many for sure , cpf makes it very easy though !

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Last night I hit 'post reply' and got an error message. Figuring Greta was doing some maintenance I just set about retiring for the evening.

This morning still no CPF (gasp)... At 9:30am EST still no CPF.

I pondered "what if CPF is gone forever?"
Sure we'd be ok, but...

How would you spend your time usually spent here?
Would you buy less flashlights?
How abouts friends at the site? Would you lose contact with them?

When I checked it at 10:47am EST it was back.
Phew!!!

I was still getting errors this morning. But it seems to be okay now.

ven

Flashaholic
Hey its members like you who make cpf such a great place to be !

Of course I was joking about putting cpf before a job and the kids , it is a good fill in waiting at school runs though :laughing:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I liked it better long ago when I could read through all the days "new threads" in an hour and the sales thread too. When it split into separate sales and nonsales forum I could again read most of the threads in the non sales area but now it isn't possible nor do I desire to read through all the days new threads as there is too many sales threads and other forum section threads I have to ignore to read the threads I like after 2-3 pages of new threads I give up. I would love to have an option to ignore sections in the new threads view it would have me probably reading more threads that interest me. I've been here long eno0ght to know the forum isn't going to be gone forever by technical issues and if it were monetary issues Greta would say something about it for sure as she doesn't intend to abandon CPF it is IMO her home like many of us who are here almost daily looking in on stuff even though we can no longer see everything now due to the massive amount of different lights and topics here we do see the "big" threads that everyone is talking in about things that concern most everybody.

scout24

Flashaholic
(Off topic rant, but someone else broke the Pokemon Go ice...) I want them to integrate the Pokemon Go deal with a help wanted app. Steer these folks out at all hours not paying attention to where they're going to some gainful employment! Want to catch that Pikachu? Fill out this application... :) Rant off...

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Off topic rant, but someone else broke the Pokemon Go ice...) I want them to integrate the Pokemon Go deal with a help wanted app. Steer these folks out at all hours not paying attention to where they're going to some gainful employment! Want to catch that Pikachu? Fill out this application... :) Rant off...
+1

I have trouble with people on smart-phones who without my guidance would walk right into me; since Pokemon this phenomena has gotten worse. My rant continues. ;)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps leadership could explain the cause of our (temporary) addiction withdrawal?

re: the latest phone game fad
Thinking of all the time I spent on iPad games that were essentially as vacuous as this phenomenon. But a game that encourages violation of private property and common sense safety?

recDNA

Flashaholic
With all due respect you sound jealous. It's just folks having fun. Have some fun and play along!
I have a good job.
I don't walk into people.
I have "played" and it is fun but I was uncomfortable with much younger people coming up to me to ask if I caught anything good! LOL I couldn't even get Gastly.
I was joking about it as a substitute.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really miss this place for sure. I really enjoy the conversations and people here more than any other forum I've read so far. I used to read some forums on other topics but I like how professional and useful this one is so it's the only one I've actually joined and posted in. I'd definitely have to find something else to occupy my time while I wait for various things but it probably wouldn't be the same.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ah, you newer guys haven't been through some of the week-long outages, or the outages where weeks of posts were lost forever. How prepared are you if you're taken off guard when the place where everyone talks about preparedness goes away..