Craftsman rechargeable LED garage light

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craftsman rechargeable LED, the number is 73904

Question, can it be recharged via 220V input? Using the 110-220V switch of course. The adapter does not change the voltage however, just makes it so the 220v socket can be used.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Craftsman rechargeable LED, the number is 73904

Question, can it be recharged via 220V input? Using the 110-220V switch of course. The adapter does not change the voltage however, just makes it so the 220v socket can be used.
If it lists 220v on the AC adapter then all you need is the correct plug and if it has a switch on the adapter you would probably need to switch it. There is a lot of adapters now made for dual voltage even in some cases up to 277v. Most of the newer adapters don't have a switch on them at all they just step down voltage to the desired level (12v probably in this case). If that adapter doesn't say 220v (or more on it) then it looks like it may be a standard 5.5mm plug on the end of it (cannot confirm from online sources) if this has that type of plug and the voltage (DC) is common you may be able to find a adapter that does support that device using 220v input. I've seen such adapter listed on Amazon for $14 or so... IMO not worth the expenditure on old 5mm LED technology one would be better off purchasing a newer model that uses SMD or cree LEDs instead that has the adapter support you need.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the lite for 10 bucks. This seems like all it's worth. The seller swore it has been recharged 5 times in its life.

It's a gift for someone. The main thing is that it's rechargeable as the person may not afford batteries.

I do realize it's using NiMH technology but seems like a good deal for the coin despite being so 2005-ish. If they get a year out of it.

I forgot to look on the charging thing. I will look first thing when I can.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I got the lite for 10 bucks. This seems like all it's worth. The seller swore it has been recharged 5 times in its life.

It's a gift for someone. The main thing is that it's rechargeable as the person may not afford batteries.

I do realize it's using NiMH technology but seems like a good deal for the coin despite being so 2005-ish. If they get a year out of it.

I forgot to look on the charging thing. I will look first thing when I can.
Well if it hasn't been recharged regularly older nimh can be damaged (lose capacity) by staying dead for years I've found. Not sure why you need it to run off of 220 though unless he isn't in the states he can charge it in the house and take it out in the garage to use it if there isn't 110v there. One time at my folks house we wired a 110v AC unit to a 220 line as it is essentially 2x110v lines plus ground I think if you choose one line and the ground you have 110v but not 100% sure it was 30 years ago when we did it so I forgot how it is done but it isn't for the technically illiterate to try.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't know. I assume it stayed charged all that time. I charged it up and it fired up nicely.

the multiple direction feature is pretty useless. You have to click it 4 times to turn it off. I would like a simpler on-off interface.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Well, I don't know. I assume it stayed charged all that time. I charged it up and it fired up nicely.

the multiple direction feature is pretty useless. You have to click it 4 times to turn it off. I would like a simpler on-off interface.
Many of these type of lights are gimmicky and IMO 5mm LED panels just don't compare with a good fluorescent tube or cree emitters or even COB/smd type LED offerings.