• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam D45vn Diving & All Weather

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This light is kind of a bullet proof small version of the K60vn in terms of size and performance :)

TINF

Newly Enlightened
I will take one of these , when you have one ready for shipping.International shipping to Norway.
You didnt show or discuss the switch mechanism in your video review.The switch is a critical part in a diving Light that can easily fail due to corrosion/salt.
I understand from Acebeams info that its a magnetic switch, but how is it constructed ?Have you hade the time to study the engineering of the switch?Easy to rinse out salt after saltwater diving? I see 4 screws around the switch.Can they be screwed out for easier cleaning of knob and the underlaying spring? Thankful for some thoughts around this critical part.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I will take one of these , when you have one ready for shipping.International shipping to Norway.
You didnt show or discuss the switch mechanism in your video review. OMG I made the video a tons of times. Wasted like almost 2 hours and then in the posting version I thought I had it all and I didn't even show the UI!!!! Unbelievable! I will make another video to show the UI and switch. Sorry!

The switch is a critical part in a diving Light that can easily fail due to corrosion/salt.
I understand from Acebeams info that its a magnetic switch, but how is it constructed ?Have you hade the time to study the engineering of the switch?Easy to rinse out salt after saltwater diving? I see 4 screws around the switch.Can they be screwed out for easier cleaning of knob and the underlaying spring? Thankful for some thoughts around this critical part.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is kind of a bullet proof small version of the K60vn in terms of size and performance :)

And significantly smaller in weight than the K60, too. But definitely not too small in weight. With batteries, same weight as the TN36UT with batteries, so no slouch in weight.

Single XHP70 emitter from a medium size diameter head: Interesting.

Can you tell us something about throw specs? :)

ven

Flashaholic
Really like the look of this, solid work horse type light with a great LED to boot!!! This would make an excellent hard work type light................that just keeps working no matter what the environment .

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Interesting light for sure.

So I been playing with this light a lot. Took it down to the marina. Tied a rope and drop it way down...Sat there and chilled with a buddy for abotu an hour. Pull it back up. Light still on. Bang it on the wood deck and light is fine...Kind of a beast!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow that is so cool. Works like the k60vn . Perfect work light in the rain in the mountains. I'm interested. :)

Heft of the light, Stainless button, Stainless rear base and thick glass really give it a quality feel in your hand.

V54_Fan

Newly Enlightened
I don't totally agree with what you said at the end of the first video about your warranty. My TubeVN died 1 month out of warranty and you said "that's normal"

The next month after that my girlfriends pink TubeVN also died. That disappointing support is why I haven't bought a light from you in over a year.

This experience was very surprising to me, you've always been so much better than that in the past. Maybe it was about the time your website launched, I don't know, either way, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyway, that was probably an isolated event.

Oh by the way, I am a diver, I could have answered most of your questions at the start of your video about the light, made me laugh a bit :laughing:

Last edited:

NICSAK

Enlightened
First off I would like to say I'm sorry that happened. Second I think it is rude to come on here do what you have done. It should be handled professionally in a private matter instead of coming on here and bashing. Besides technically it was out of warranty. I'm sure if it was a more expensive light he would have been happy to help. IMHO

V54_Fan

Newly Enlightened
First off I would like to say I'm sorry that happened. Second I think it is rude to come on here do what you have done. It should be handled professionally in a private matter instead of coming on here and bashing. Besides technically it was out of warranty. I'm sure if it was a more expensive light he would have been happy to help. IMHO

In a private matter? Like via email? That's what I already did.

Anyway, I'm not here to bag his lights, I own about 8 of them and love them, it's just what he said in the video about his warranty didn't sit right with me.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will back up Vinh. Yes it is rude. Talking about a video on a diving light has nothing to do with your personal experiences in the past. Not apples to apples. You may be a diver but so am I but that doesn't give either of us the right to be all knowledgeable. Think before you put something out in public.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys just got back from the gym. My ankle and wrist has recovered enough so that I can finally go back. What happened between me and V54 Fan was quite a while back. Lets just all let it go and move on :)

V54 Fan glad to have you back :). I do not always handle matters as patient as I should and its my weakness. I hope our future transactions will be smoother. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This D45Cvn is actually the first light I really want to physically torture test. It just looks so tough with the heft LOL

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a diving light once and it vastly improved vision, but it made a pretty big splash going in and I failed to qualify for the finals that year. Lesson learned.