So I'm back after long hiatus. Whats new?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've decided to take a peak back in here after a long time. Anything new? I've been beating my Eagletac D25C for a long time now and I'm wondering if there is a new version yet. I've read somewhere theres an XPG-R3 or something coming out? Its hard to believe this forums been up 15 years. Wow.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
xhp are the latest craze for insane output, but they require higher voltage, so you have to have the appropriate driver for them.

xpl and xpl-hi are the standard for small format lights. xpl-hi being a flat dome led so it helps with throw. and xpl being the size of xm led (xml, xml2) but has the same footprint as an xp (xpg, xpg2). Nichia 219b is the defacto standard for hi-cri goodness.

Other than that, just some new custom builders, but I have to say not quite to the extent as in the past. Although I will have to say that with vinhnguyen54 around, you can get almost any manufactured light upgraded and get it to put out some insane output. Also, Vestureofblood and Tana are doing some very nice upgrade services for Surefire lights. Dan and Tom at Oveready are still around and with their v5 triple light, you can program using anything with a screen, including a smartphone. Very innovative.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
So I've decided to take a peak back in here after a long time. Anything new? I've been beating my Eagletac D25C for a long time now and I'm wondering if there is a new version yet. I've read somewhere theres an XPG-R3 or something coming out? Its hard to believe this forums been up 15 years. Wow.
You could always upgrade your SureFire C2 (your ~fifth ? :D) and update your 1100+post SF C2 thread #2, lol. ;)

[...] I can't keep myself from owning one. I get one, sell it then get another one. This is now my 4th one. Its a freakin' disease I tell you! The C2-HA has it all. Clip. Grip ring. Endless mods. Small size. I think I just need to hold on to this one. LOL. I got a 5 mode DX R2 drop in running in it. [...]

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL. Oh wow, that thread! from September of 2008! 8 yrs ago. Would love to have a C2-HA again. Better yet, a 6P-GM.

I'm in the market for something like my D25C. Its been pretty good to me. The low went "lower" for some reason soon after I got it but other than that its been a good light. I like single cell lights that are more throw oriented.

archimedes

Flashaholic
....I like single cell lights that are more throw oriented.

This just arrived, and I'm quite pleased with it ...

zqIF4k8.jpg

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I have a craving for some Skittles now. :laughing:

Let's not forget about relatively new manufacturers and manufacturers branching out. Manker is pretty new on the scene for example, and lots of companies are implementing tech like TIR optics and USB recharging. Budget lights have also come a long way as well, especially with the group buy lights negotiated by BLF like the BLF 348.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't believe those are skittles, they look more like Sixlets to me, though I may be wrong. ;)

Hey arch, what's the UI like on that Lenslight? Did they move to a 3-mode light or is it still a 2-mode?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey lots of us include Skittles in pics of our favorite lights. [emoji57]

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Hey lots of us include Skittles in pics of our favorite lights. [emoji57]

Plenty of standard colours to show off high CRI, right? :p
I do miss the lime flavour though.
Ya know KDOG3, you could get an updated Eagletac D25C. Maybe even titanium? :) Or perhaps an Olight S1 or its variants? There are a lot of good options.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I noticed drool ran from the corner of my mouth shortly after reading "lime flavored skittles".

PK Design Labs is turning out a new model. The 1x123 pocket rocket (PR-1 with reportedly Lego parts soon).
It's an anti Archimedes graph light that turns on at 420 lumens, then a medium 160+ then a low of like 10 in a teensy weensy little pocket friendly package.

He also did some stuff for foursevens, powertac and others recently.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Don't believe those are skittles, they look more like Sixlets to me, though I may be wrong. ;)

Hey arch, what's the UI like on that Lenslight? Did they move to a 3-mode light or is it still a 2-mode?

Haha, y'all know your candy around here :grin2:

This one is LH+m (2 speed with memory) ....

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back, if before you were constantly buying new lights because of brighter lumens, better CRI and longer run times....nope, not much has changed... On the other hand...here are PK's latest including the Paladin done with Four Sevens,

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...6-07/0BFCE6FE-9A69-4257-B481-E26774569EA6.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...6-07/26A3CD1B-B433-4C43-8966-4002BEEE8C30.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...07/F18541B1-7F6B-4290-92C6-9CB27750CCE1_1.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...07/ECBA8082-0744-42D2-839F-A12BA12E0CDB_1.jpg

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there and welcome back, i haven't been around much myself. I got myself a Manker T01, awesome thrower on a 14500, check it out man! And I got myself a Convoy C8, great light too man.