Jetbeam HR25 headlamp

narmattaru

Enlightened
Jetbeam HR25 headlamp

This is an upgraded version of HR20, the only difference is USB-charging feature.

[h=3]Stated characteristics[/h]
Main Features:
● CREE XM-L2 T6, max 800LM output and 140M beam distance
● Micro USB rechargeable port with water resistance rubber cover
● Round button switch with built-in power Indication
● 4 modes: Low - mid - high - strobe
● IPX-6 waterproof standard and 1M drop resistance protection
● Digital constant current IC provides intelligent temperature and power control
● Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy body with Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
● All purpose flashlight, ideal for outdoor use, bicycling, running, camping, hiking, etc

5c537a.jpg

[h=2]Package. [/h]HR25 is packed into blister along with: headstrap, battery, manual, o-rings, usb-cable.

a67aea.jpg

[h=3]
da408b.jpg

ee0673.jpg

Outlook and size.
[/h] HR25 has usual for this t-shaped headlamps size. Nothing extraordinary.
743d3e.jpg

949e20.jpg

Obviously it is shorter then popular Skilhunt H02, but has wider and deeper reflector.

b8fb2c.jpg

059f5c.jpg

b07888.jpg

3738e9.jpg

Knurling is small, that`s no bad `coz headlamp means that normally you will use it attached to headstrap. So knurling is only needed to unscrew battery cover.

bf5e9a.jpg

There is no spring at this battery cover part of product, which I found bad feature. BTW, if you look at the back side of package, you will see a line about auto-id anode and cathode detection. So cool, now it`ll be so easy to replace battery without taking flashlight off and checking polarity – HR25 is supposed to work regardless to how you insert battery. Supposed unfortunately. How we say in Russia "We wanted to do it better, but we got it done as usually". Hope you got what I mean ). I`ve heard that this feature worked in HR20 , though. I wrote to manufacturer, without any reply.
adac6e.jpg

Here is an indicator-button. From the opposite side there is USB-port covered with rubber plug.

947343.jpg

f31a46.jpg

I ran Jetbeam 18650 through charge test in Opus charger and got about 2371 mah.

Now what I dislike. Take a look, LED star and "pill" (I suppose that`s a proper name for this stuff upon which LED star lies) are mounted upon O-shaped small ledge. That's ok to use in low modes, but is totally uncool for heat transfer in high ones. I mean this can work if ledge was 2-3 times wider, but now it`s about 2-3mm which is obviously not enough and not safe for LED in high modes.
e97111.jpg

fc5bdb.jpg

Ah, yeah, though there is a lot of grease between LED star and "pill" , but no grease between ledge and ''pill" at all.

Reflector is OP and tiiightly tied to headlamp body by bezel.
a41999.jpg

[h=3]
83c123.jpg

UI.
[/h][h=3]I`m not fan of this type of UI. [/h]· 1 click - on\off.
· Switching brightness – keep button and release it at needed brightness.
· 2 clicks – strobe.

I prefer long click for on\off and short ones for selecting modes.

There is modes memory.

While working indicator button glowes green. Then blue. Then red. Then don`t.
button.gif

I ask, who need this? Indicatore can be seen only when HEADlamp is in HANDS. Noone will see indicator when headlamp is situated at it`s proper place – at head. I`m not against it, but , be serious, just add reasonable way to show what`s left in battery – let light blink when it is discharged. A lot of flashlights
have this feature. Anyway, luckily (or not) light is not stabilized. So everyone can determine that battery needs to be replaced only seeing that HR25`s light gets dimmer and dimmer.
While charging, indicator glowes red. Curren is about 0.7A. BTW – only 18650. No2x CR123\16340.

0ecc16.jpg

charge.gif

Here is a temperature.
608c29.jpg

In max mode it gets really hot, though heat dissolves into headstrap and head feel no heat. In low modes it stays about acceptable 30-40 celcium.

Here is an amperage
7c066f.jpg

Worn on the head HR25 feels comfortably, I cannot say any negative.
Though it has OP reflector, there is a visible hotspot. Anyway, it`s not that bright to make light uncomfortable for close-range working.
shot.gif

Here is about 15m range.
PRIMER.gif

You can see comparasion with Skilhunt H02R.
comp.gif

And here is about 50m.
3984ca.gif

ah, yeah. almost forgotten. HR25R has 1KhZ PWM (actually HR20 has, but i assume they both are the same).

Overall, I bought this stuff for my dad who is daily into car-repair. He`s got cheap zoom-headlamp without USB-port. I decided to get him new one, so he will not mess with 18650 chargers (he often forgets to charge battery). Now all he has to do is to plug USB cable into HR25R and forget about it `till next day.
Like: price 33.99$ at Gearbest, where I`ve actually ordered it. Reasonable brightness levels. Biuld quality.
Dislike: potential damage to LED in high modes (for me it`s not risky, coz dad will use it at low modes). Promised but non-working multipolarity feature. UI.
For the price - good stuff if one needs light with USB-charging.Or just not expensive All-in-one package for an occasional gift.
As for me i`d prefer Skilhunt which is about 27$ at GB now, almost for free…