bad experiences with 2 nitecore lights

WrxOwner

Newly Enlightened
back in 2013 i bought an MT26 and an SRT3.
The problems with the MT26 started a few months ago when it started flickering, and going on this weird low light fast strobe mode when I am not on the user designed interface mode. I have contacted the Amazon Seller, but they refused to replace it. I have emailed Nitecore, no responses yet.

Now with my SRT3, the glass lens just fell off. Never dropped it, never fell to the ground. The lens just popped off. It will be replaced by the Amazon seller.

I think I will be sticking to fenix. I have 2 E11s and about 3 e05s. All used daily, all still holding up well.

Qship1996

Enlightened
I do not yet trust any of the Chinese brands long term.....some gee wiz numbers and tempting lower prices woo you in,but long term durability? Not sure they are there yet.

DMS1970

Enlightened
I do not yet trust any of the Chinese brands long term.....some gee wiz numbers and tempting lower prices woo you in,but long term durability? Not sure they are there yet.

18 olights - no issues
6 zebralights - no issues
5 nitecore - 3/5 with issues...

the problem isn't Chinese brands. It's WHICH Chinese brand...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the SRT3 a few weeks ago after it had been out 134 years lol. Mine was ordered through GG. I actually really like it. Very surprised really. Even on L91 AA it is impressive. Run 840mah 14500 and it cranks very very well. As for OP's experience...well there are many mostly over seas retailers that have had stock sitting in warehouses for 6 years under very questionable conditions....I believe that makes a difference. Only NC I got that drove me up the wall was the first P12. Only half the lens was glare coated. Had a iffy switch and put out the harshest purple beam ever. Other than that everything else has been healthy. My SRT6 is so well done I am convinced I could use it as a hammer should I need to and it would still work.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to agree with CelticCross about some of the vendors. I have over a dozen Nitecore lights right now, and have not had a problem with any of them. I have some Tubes that that I pre-ordered from the Nitecore Store when they first came out, and the rest I have I got soon after. I was reorganizing some of my storage about a month ago, and tested the Tubes. All of them still light up, showing they still had some of their original charge. I think I might get ambitious one of these days and open them all up and recharge them, as they have to be getting low. I have only bought from reputable dealers: Nitecore Store, Amazon, BangGood, GearGest, Illumination Systems, and a Seraph 6 and some drop ins from Lumens Factory and Mountain Electronics. I know some of the other members have had problems with #2 and #3, but I have not.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crank the jesus out of my SRT6 and 7 with 2x18350's now. 100+ lumen increase anyone? Better beam definition and all that. Like the 6 better than the 7.

Warp

Enlightened

Which Chinese made brands would that be?

In the decade since I joined here my most reliable, durable, and trusted lights have been Fenix and 4Sevens.

The lights I've had the most problems with? Surefire.

I have what I believe is my first Nitecore on the way right now (MT10A)

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P12 worked perfectly until I lost it :rolleyes: and my TM26 still works great.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont trust the Chinese brands? Granted there must be a couple hundred Chinese brands now. Stick to the big Chinese maker names and you should be just fine.