Favorite EDC flashlights of 2016

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
Wondering what is your favorite light this year. The light you keep coming back to or constantly carry. I know people with different occupations might carry larger or smaller lights. Some may favor keychain lights. That being said, for me I carry a Lumintop Tool most often. Especially the Ti 219 Nichia version. I have no need for a larger flashlight on my person although I do carry larger 18650 lights in my packs and a spotlight (TN40) in my car. What is your favorite for EDC?

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
Muyshondt Ti Aeon MKIII and / or Eagletac D25C with Nichia 219B. Runner up status to HDS Rotary with 219B emitter

That muyshondt is a nice light but way out of my price range. I do like the Eagletac D25C although I think they stopped making it.

radiopej

Enlightened
I have that light in my car kit/get home bag. Love it.
I'm still amazed by the size, output and build - especially considering it has built-in recharging while being smaller than its non-recharging competition. Only things I've changed were to swap in a battery with higher capacity and add add a GITD sticker on the side switch.

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
I'm still amazed by the size, output and build - especially considering it has built-in recharging while being smaller than its non-recharging competition. Only things I've changed were to swap in a battery with higher capacity and add add a GITD sticker on the side switch.

yeah the side switch is a bit much but hey there are options I guess. I have the Nitecore TM03 sitting here and not impressed compared to the Klarus even though it has more lumens it has less range and is not rechargeable.

Warp

Enlightened
I'm still tickled pink with the Zebralight SC62w I started daily pocket carrying as my primary light about 20 months ago

POB10

Newly Enlightened
EDC doesn't have to mean pocket carry right? Depends on your job and what your needs are. In car and on vest it's MH27UV. In Pocket MH20GT(always impressed with the throw from a tiny light). Easy to look down dark alleys for the bad guys, XP-L HI freaks them out!��

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't bought a new light this year. Newer members may have to look up the history books for this one but through out 2016, I'm still carrying my 2008 Nitecore D10 GD! :)

POB10

Newly Enlightened
Wondering what is your favorite light this year. The light you keep coming back to or constantly carry. I know people with different occupations might carry larger or smaller lights. Some may favor keychain lights. That being said, for me I carry a Lumintop Tool most often. Especially the Ti 219 Nichia version. I have no need for a larger flashlight on my person although I do carry larger 18650 lights in my packs and a spotlight (TN40) in my car. What is your favorite for EDC?

The New MecArmy Switch looks very cool. Might have to grab one. ��

Alij

Newly Enlightened
What are the top rated keychain flashlights for 2016?
I have a Prometheus Beta Qv and would like to add another keychain flashlight.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't bought a new light this year. Newer members may have to look up the history books for this one but through out 2016, I'm still carrying my 2008 Nitecore D10 GD! :)
Sweeeeeet golden dragon ! My d10 and ex11 both died :-(
Edcing olight i3 cu brassy thing , hasnt left my pocket and is getting nicely marked up.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daytime: I constantly carry two lights: Olight S2 Baton and Acebeam EC50vn.

Nighttime, indoor: Same as above. Nighttime, outdoor: The S2 and TN36UTvn.

DMS1970

Enlightened
Top choice if I need some runtime - SC63 or Olight S2 (S2 has better hot spot, sc63 is more compact). Something smaller to drop in a pocket - Olight S1

Last edited: