Identify this light for me

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like an Inova T1. I've had a few.

The various versions of the T1 looked the same when viewed from the side but were quite different from each other.

The early T1 was powered by a single CR123A and had only about 25 lumens. It had a TIROS lens and was designed for throw. Later versions of the T1 used two CR123A batteries and used a reflector to produce more flood than throw.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does seem to be an INOVA T1 I don't think any of the copycat companies ever bothered to copy that light. One of my favorite lights but passed up by better options now,still great form factor for a light IMHO.There are several versions that all look nearly identical.I don't have the latest model with 2 modes. The earlier models are single level and around 70-100 lumens with a floody beam. I used the 2008 model for a long time because it provided a somewhat neutral output before true neutral led lights were widely available.It is not the original single cell TIROS optic model,they had stainless bezel rings.The other models have a black bezel and use 2 cells instead of one. I think value is in the eye of the beholder.The current model is probably worth $40 for a clean example if it suites your needs.The other models are a little dated and I am sure you can find a better performing light at that price point.INOVAs are nice quality compared to similarly priced lights but I know some people have encountered problems with the clicky switch over time. FWIW I was still using my 2008 models around the home but finally "retired" them a couple weeks ago to my collection since I have so many other lights.

Last edited:

Latest posts