Surefire Titan A- battery choice

Qship1996

Enlightened
Just got a new Titan- any feedback on using eneloop pro AAA vs the regular eneloops? How about Energiser lithium vs alkalines? Differences in runtimes or lumen output?

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use regular eneloops in ma Titan-A and also Titan Plus. I onkly have one Eneloop pro cell that was shipped with my Titan Plus. At all I do not use alkalines. I had in the past lot of trouble with this cells in all types of devices, not only flashlights. I had a lot problems with fluid coming out of the cells and the mess was than inside the devices (remote controls, comuter mouse, flashlight) and I used Duracell Alkalines... but after that I'm done with this type of cells.
For long term storage and emergency lights I use Energizer Lithium Cells. But I do not use this cells in my Titan-A and Titan Plus since both are EDCs for me with no need for a long term storage of the light.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire states that the Titan will run 13hours on a premium alkaline and 17hours on lithium.
No idea on high mode, but logic says it will run longer ehile regulated on the lithium, perhaps over an hour. Someobe did a runtime test on the included eneloop and it fell out of regulation after half an hour, IIRC

I use the included 750mAh eneloop on mine, but I may put a lithium as the light is purely a backup to my E1D.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pretty much so quit using Alks in all my lights. I basically only use Lithiums or Eneloops. I have both Standard and Pros and other than longer run time, I don't see any difference. I also have not measured run times.

Qship1996

Enlightened
Thanks everyone,just picked up some energiser lithiums to start with.Was hoping someone had already ran some tests on the different batteries in this light.

Latest posts