Skyray 4x 18650 light

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that Nitecore now has a look alike to the skyray 4x 18650 model at 7x the price. So I figured for $20 getting a skyray 3 emitter model was a no brainer.I REALLY like the side mounted switch, 2 modes( I cannot abide 5 mode lights and rear switch models) glass lens, optional long press flashing mode and the perfectly finished gold anodized heavily heat sinked body. On low mode it doesn't even get warm to the touch, after several minutes runtime. To me it's one great deal, and one I can afford to put in the car, motorcycle, and nightstand. That said, I'm wondering about the 7,8,9 and 10 emitter models. I know it won't run as cool or as long but I want to know if anyone else has the brighter models and get their opinion of them.Oh, my one nit about it is from off to on it goes to high AND then low before shutting it off, no option to stay high and go off then to low on the next press to off.

ven

Flashaholic
I have a couple of the skyway 3x xml pop cans and they are OK for the money(well actually quite good). Hi /low and strobe with press and hold . The multi led 5 or 7 etc I am sure most use the same cheap driver so of no difference in brightness . Fun as they are, they IMO are not to be depended on and basically you get what you pay for. Trouble is there are that many variations, some good, some not so! .. It's a lottery unless you buy from a reputable shop. I can tell you that compared to nitecore tm lights or other pop cans like the tn36 or mm15, it is chalk and cheese . Completely different animals in UI, quality and output .

It feels cool as there is no heat sink, it will be getting quite hot inside instead of getting the heat away and to the body of the flash light to aid heat dissipation . So it's not actually a good thing if makes sense, just don't use high for too long periods .

I would guess at 1500-1800lm from the skyray.

Most important, if it works for you, enjoy it, that's what matters and will save you a fortune if content !

Latest posts