Flashlight parts explination for newbie.

Jdub87

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
I am a total newbie to flashlights other than dropping some AAs in and flicking the switch. I want to do a flashlight build but am having trouble understanding a lot of the posts because I do not understand what all of the parts are and what they do. Could someone walk through the basics of what each standard part is and what its role is? My goal is to build a 3 mode, 300 lumen light powered by 2 rechargeable AAs with a pressure switch for a weapon light.

Thanks!!!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please see the Stickey topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

There, you will find a treasure trove of basic and specific information, as well as many links to much more treasure troves of basic and specific information.

:welcome:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mountain Electronics is a good retailer for parts and Richard the owner can tell you what you want to know for your desired build and what you would need. He is one busy guy though so getting a response might take awhile. I do advise perusing his site as he is a US source with all good parts and good hosts.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Mountain Electronics is an excellent source, if not the best, for obtaining everything you need for building your own light.