Where to buy panasonic 18650 batteriers

brightnight

Newly Enlightened
Two questions:

1) Where is a good source to purchase some Panasonic 18650 batteries? They will be draining until they die so I assume the protected 18650 would be the best choice. I've read so many posts about fake batteries on Ebay and Amazon... I don't know where to find a trusted source and my normal sites don't carry those batteries (Mouser and Digikey).

2) I have some UltraFire batteries that have a small tab on the + side of the battery. They fit very tightly into battery plastic battery holders. If I purchase 18650 batteries without a tab on the + side, I assume they will still work in the holders (I.e, make contact).

Wendee

Enlightened
I always buy my batteries from Orbtronic. They have both protected and unprotected Panasonic 18650 batteries. I buy from them because I know I'm actually getting the batteries that I pay for (not fakes). They ship from Florida, USA. If you do a search on CPF for Orbtronic you'll see they sell excellent batteries and have great customer service. :)

There are other legitimate battery stores but I haven't dealt with them so I'll let other members add the info.

Last edited:

X83

Newly Enlightened
I believe IMR has the Panasonic protected batteries and places like Orbtronic & Illumn only have the flat tops.

I've yet to see a fake Panasonic protected battery so most of the time I'll just purchase them in bulk through Aliexpress to get the cheapest price.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are legit. This seller had one episode where they received fake Efest cells. As a result they are now testing batteries from each provider to ensure it doesn't happen again. They immediately refunded the cost of the fake cells. I have bought 20-30 cells and been very satisfied.

stephenk

Enlightened
Two questions:

1) Where is a good source to purchase some Panasonic 18650 batteries? They will be draining until they die so I assume the protected 18650 would be the best choice. I've read so many posts about fake batteries on Ebay and Amazon... I don't know where to find a trusted source and my normal sites don't carry those batteries (Mouser and Digikey).

2) I have some UltraFire batteries that have a small tab on the + side of the battery. They fit very tightly into battery plastic battery holders. If I purchase 18650 batteries without a tab on the + side, I assume they will still work in the holders (I.e, make contact).
Stating which country you live in helps with the answer!