Help with identification

E10

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I bought this flashlight about 15 years ago but have no idea what it is. It seems very well made but emits almost no light... I'm tempted to try and modify/upgrade it. Can anyone help me identify the make / model?

e7f1fa1354b3590700c94c6401e059e1.jpg

1d071209883f702a77867b3b62453c34.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hi. I bought this flashlight about 15 years ago but have no idea what it is. It seems very well made but emits almost no light... I'm tempted to try and modify/upgrade it. Can anyone help me identify the make / model?

e7f1fa1354b3590700c94c6401e059e1.jpg

1d071209883f702a77867b3b62453c34.jpg

That is a beautiful light.

Back then when you combined a bunch of the latest LED's you got a whopping 65 blue-mens baby. Ah, the good ole days.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a Chinese-made light sold by Streamlight several years ago. Does it have a few different modes?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm not mistaken, that is a Streamlight Twin Task 3C light. If it is, the switch sequence should be center incandescent light (main), all six LEDs on, three LEDs on, and off. The two LED settings may be reversed, it has been so long since I owned a twin task I forget. Nice light, but nothing to write home about these days.

E10

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, this is awesome. I've been wondering about this for years... and you guys have the answer in no time at all. Thanks again. My next question is... can it be improved?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not easily. A quick Google search didn't produce any LED replacements for the Xenon main bulb. Since the Xenon bulb is a bi-pin, about the only way I can see to try would be to get a generic led and see if it would fit the bi-pin socket. Even then it would take a lot of luck to get it placed so that it would work properly with the reflector. To my mind, it would not be worth the effort. Leave the light as is, and use it as a general knock around light around the house or in your car. It only produced 50 or so lumens with fresh batteries, so there a lot of LED lights out there that would be much better. Even the Nitecore Tube at 45 lumens would be as useful.

I would rather spend my money to pick up a Surefire G2 incan from Ebay, and drop in an LED replacement lamp assembly (P60/D26).

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Yup.
There never has been a lot of mods for Streamlight products.
But if you have the dough nearly anything is possible.

Stick it in your museum with your old hot wheels cars and use the dough to buy something more modern.