Does the Olight flashlight manipulate the review on amazon.com?

Agustin

Newly Enlightened
I reviewed many of the olight flashlight on amazon.com and found that many of their review took so long and with verified purchase badge, you know,Amazon has changed its review rules that the review was not eligible to be with a verified purchase badge when at a discount more than 50% Off since 2016. And many of the general customer do not have time or mood to write a long and detailed review. I know some websites selling reviews,but that is in violation of Amazon policies. Does some one know what is going on with Olight?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I don't understand what you are saying. Then again I am sleeping in my Hennessy hammock again and the smoke from the camp fire is blowing under my tarp.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I reviewed many of the ... flashlight on amazon.com ....Amazon has changed its review rules that the review was not eligible to be with a verified purchase badge when at a discount more than 50% Off since 2016....

I no longer have much faith in Amazon or Youtube flashlight reviews.

I purchased a flashlight (not an Olight) on Amazon recently and paid for it it entirely with my own money and without any dealer or manufacturer bribes.

The dealer/manufacturer contacted me right after the purchase and offered a discount if I post a positive review.

My light had a few problems so I posted a neutral Amazon review and cited the deficiencies.

After rereading the Amazon reviews of this light, almost all of the positive reviewers had received their light either free or with a dealer discount in return for posting a positive review.

Most of the reviewers who mentioned problems were verified buyers who had paid full price.

This bias is visible in other venues -- not just Amazon. Look at all the positive flashlight reviews on Youtube by people who received their light for free.

Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
I think one thing that affects reviews of certain lights is, having walked by $1.99 lights in the checkout at the grocery and drug stores, if someone goes out and buys a $60 light, they're almost sure to like it. A lot more thought and research probably went into the purchase than with something less expensive, so it seems natural for people to be happy and write positive reviews.

Generally speaking, I'm sure there's some funny business going on as well. I've seen great reviews of something I thought was total junk, and when you look further, you either find that the reviewer wrote only that one review, or only reviews for that brand. I remember seeing a dozen negative reviews of those Duracell Quantum batteries - not one was a verified purchaser, and not one had reviewed anything else. IMO it's best to get a feel for the product from reviews, looking for specific pros or cons, but not taking any of them as gospel. And I'd never even look at flashlight reviews on Amazon if I could get information here instead.