Nite core EC20 just died, what budget 18650 with fllody beam should I replace it wit

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I have been an eagletac guy in the past but bought this EC20 probably about 18 months ago. It was a killer light for 39.00 dollars until it quit tonigh . Battery has good voltage, and the button appears to be working. Don't know what happened. Any way I would like to hear about any new lights that are out that I should look at. Must be 18650 and I like a beam that leans to the floody side. I will research any lights that are suggested. Would prefer to keep it in the fifty dollar range, but could go higher if needed. I gig for flounder at night alone so dependability is needed. Luckily the nite core died tonight in my front yard.

I have been an eagletac guy in the past but bought this EC20 probably about 18 months ago. It was a killer light for 39.00 dollars until it quit tonigh . Battery has good voltage, and the button appears to be working. Don't know what happened. Any way I would like to hear about any new lights that are out that I should look at. Must be 18650 and I like a beam that leans to the floody side. I will research any lights that are suggested. Would prefer to keep it in the fifty dollar range, but could go higher if needed. I gig for flounder at night alone so dependability is needed. Luckily the nite core died tonight in my front yard.

Hi bigfish5,

In lieu of buying another unit, have you thought of initiating our warranty programme if that EC20 suits your needs? Depending on where you purchased your torch from, you might be eligible for warranty provided by our authorised dealers, do you still have the proof of purchase from your seller? Could you provide the serial number for your EC20 (preferably in PM if possible)? Spending extra on an additional unit seems unnecessary if you are covered under warranty, but the torch would have to be purchased from one of our authorised dealers.

Li

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I think i bought it through GOINGEAR, but i am not certain. I really doubt that i could find the receipt. It is a shame since the light doesnt really even have scratches on it. Tell me who i should contact and i can look into the warranty option. I am guessing that i have had the light for something like 18 months.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the convoy s2+ I have it (in red). very nice. very floody....do NOT get it dedomed....then it will be a spot not flood.

got it at mountain electronics.