ArmyTek confusion?

tom-

Enlightened
Just where are these lights manufactured? the more I read the Companies web site info the more confused I get.

ven

Flashaholic
As above China, but now returns can be dealt with in Canada which is a HUGE bonus over sending away for weeks on end! Armytek do seem to be listening, just need to iron out QC issues and get back to where they were on the v2.5 lights.............

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Tiara lights. To touch on possible AT issues. I will say that I think some of the problems folks have had were partly due to user error. For some folks, there is a UI learning curve with the lights. Especially if you are new to these kinds of lights. You also need to make sure you have them set on the correct voltage for your cell choice. I say all that, cause I thought I had a bad light, only to find I had voltages wrong. Lets just say, if I did it wrong, I can only imagine how many others have and were not able to figure it out and chalked it up to a goofed up light. Also bear in mind, that there are very few Perfect manufactures out there.
One great thing is that they are supporters of the forum and are more than willing to help from what I have seen. That is more than I can say for many other manufactures.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like my company (presumably my company is on larger scale).

Several hundred employees in North America, major market North America. Repair facility (our own) in North America. Manufacture in China (our own facility).

If we didn't manufacture in China we would have several hundred employees (Engineers, more engineers, IT, sales, accounting, etc) in North America.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Tiara lights. To touch on possible AT issues. I will say that I think some of the problems folks have had were partly due to user error. For some folks, there is a UI learning curve with the lights. Especially if you are new to these kinds of lights. You also need to make sure you have them set on the correct voltage for your cell choice. I say all that, cause I thought I had a bad light, only to find I had voltages wrong. Lets just say, if I did it wrong, I can only imagine how many others have and were not able to figure it out and chalked it up to a goofed up light. Also bear in mind, that there are very few Perfect manufactures out there.
One great thing is that they are supporters of the forum and are more than willing to help from what I have seen. That is more than I can say for many other manufactures.
My problem is that my Tiara didn't work like they said it would. The modes are way off from what they published on their site. I ordered from an authorized dealer and Armytek's solution was to tell everyone not to buy from their dealers, only buy direct. Over a year after purchase they finally tried to make it right, but only because I was telling my issues all over the forums. If I would've returned it it would've taken at least a month turn around time according to Armytek. Others were reporting 1-3 months for the repair/replacement.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shenzhen China. Canadian owned and Chinese built. It is great they finally have a warehouse in Canada now though.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP Armyteks website is I believe to be the worst light site I have seen. It is shady, confusing and notice that they do not do ANSI measuring. Trying to find specific info on the site is mostly impossible simply because it is not there. I love my now 10 Armyteks. When they have a good QC day at the factory they make some of the best stuff in the industry. If you want technical specifics on an AT that are much more reliable search the reviews section here and BLF and other light forums. Your confusion I doubt is due to translation it is simply because their site is terrible.