JETBeam JET-II PRO (First impressions)

Trevilux

Enlightened
No doubt, my nicest 2016 light!!! (at least in design, I must test next days the regulation,etc..)
Review in spanish here http://luxlinternas.blogspot.com.es/
My first Pics:
jMEZJxp.jpg

With other JetBeams (well know by all us):

nbaxNhp.jpg

Here with my other preferred 16340 lights:

7cjrtb5.jpg

First technical data:
Measured lumens with my light/box:

Zu8SzYn.jpg

The offical values provided by JetBeam are;
HIGH: 510 lumens
MID: 100 lumens
LOW: 5 lumens
Moonlight: 0,5 lumens

I think my data is very accuratte with the offical data. The battery used is a 16340 Fenix at 4.20V.
Some extra Pics:
1. First, the light includes an aggressive Tactical bezel, and a smooth bezel.
The Attack bezel can be used in 2 different positions.

LJG43BA.jpg

This is my preferred configuration :devil:

Or94b2T.jpg

CvKvlnc.jpg

The light is very compact, When I see the II PRO in the web images, I can not imagine this size, is really in the league of Olight S1 and Fenix E15, authentic EDC:

QPqB1m0.jpg

iYjyURq.jpg

37 gr. with clip (without battery) and only 67 mm (length) x 23 mm (head)

fyzMW4Q.jpg

The JetBeam II PRO aluminium version, arrived in a blister like this. Include a lanyard, spare Oring, extra bezel (smooth) the Atack is attached. The user manual is very complete.

eOf2cd9.jpg

8eFcfmC.jpg

User interface JETBEAM II PRO:

1. Direct access to moonlight mode from off: 2 fast clicks
2. For turn on or turn off, simple click. Memory for last used: Low , Mid or High. (memory not include moonlight mode)
3. Change modes, when flashlight is on keep depressed the swith: order of modes; High, Mid, Low, High, Mid…..
4. Strobe: 3 fast clicks. Available with flashlight "on and off"
5. Electronic Lockout: When flashlight is turned off, long press for more than 3 seconds (flashing and lock). To unlock long press for more than 3 seconds. But the moonlight mode (2 fast clics) and strobe (3 fast clics) are availables with the lock actived.
6. Timing function: With flashlight on, 4 fast clics for activate 3 minute countdown for off, 4 fast clics again for 9 minutes of count down for off.

Coments: when we access to the moonlight mode, if you keep depressed the switch, alternate high-moonligh-high-moonlight….
for the control this nice electronic switch:

switch%2BJetbeam%2BII%2BPRO.jpg
(origin banggood.com) (I have used coupon, only available for PM)
.......more information next days!!!

Last edited:

wle

Newly Enlightened
nice review
what is the cost
?"?

you omitted my favorite 16340 light, XTAR WK42, on ebay for about $13 shipped

oh wait, i hate 16340 because of small battery capacity :)
wle

Trevilux

Enlightened
I have found a holster that I have use for some time with my Olight S1 and fits perfect for this with the smooth bezel:
2ua0iCk.jpg

The Jet-II PRO has a really low Moonlight mode;

0KtqWfT.jpg

This night I will get some information about regulation in high mode.!

Trevilux

Enlightened
you omitted my favorite 16340 light, XTAR WK42, on ebay for about $13 shipped

oh wait, i hate 16340 because of small battery capacity :)
wle

I do not understand you.....your favorite 16340 light is wk42?....or you hate 16340 lights because small battery? or you are trolling here....
...I hate 18650 because his high weigh and size....(this is not true :sssh:...I love all formats!! each of them have advantages and uses...

Trevilux

Enlightened
A first data about regulation.
Temperature in Celsius is around 27ºC, (ufff), I have make a little test of 6 minutes, without fan (hard test). Battery is a Klarus 16340 640 mA in good condition. I have meassured data each 15 seconds. Temperature over head surface 1 data for minute. Step down begins around after 3 minutes, lumens down 520——-270 (in aprox. 20 seconds):

YpYtAhf.jpg

(Complete runtime next)

Trevilux

Enlightened
I have finished my first complete runtime of the JETBeam II PRO. I have used a 16340 Klarus protected battery in good condition.
First 16 minutes without fan, (here temperatures are high now) after 16 minutes I have used a fan.
I have used for this complete runtime one data for minute.
Step down after around 3 minutes (light down to around 55% or original power).
After shut off (abruptly, perhaps protection of battery …. I have measured Voltage after some minutes and read 3.05V)

RHWi0d5.jpg

3 minutes of 500 lumens and around one hour 250 lumens …is a good result for this little light!
:)

Trevilux

Enlightened
Hi guys, some about tint and beam;
I have meassured in the center of the hotspot at one meter: 5400 lux (5400cd) , with a 16340 battery with 4.2V

Led seems slightly out center, but the beam is perfect:

lFepqw4.jpg

3mOumAF.jpg

Of course when use the strike bezel in attack position, there are one artefact:

0dx0AOK.jpg

The beam is cool tint, nothing special, here with a warm tint of the Spark SF3 NW (they say is neutral …) and the very cold tint of the SW V11R XM-L2:

CMdWKVG.jpg

here animated gif:

ur8xRsl.gif

Images pole + and – :

a4dzK0L.jpg

do2mA84.jpg

Trevilux

Enlightened
Is the LED easily accessible ? I.E. can it be swapped trouble-free ?
Hello, I am a collector, not a modder. When I am interested in a model is because I like it.., if I had to make changes, not buy, I can not help you much with that ....
The head section steel seems to be stuck, or at least without equipment I have not been able to open...

Regards.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
collector or not its kool but 500 lumens was so 10 years ago. any small light today not producing a 1000+ lumens is not much different then small lights bought at Home Depot these days.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
collector or not its kool but 500 lumens was so 10 years ago. any small light today not producing a 1000+ lumens is not much different then small lights bought at Home Depot these days.
I think you might be getting confused. Few CR123a/16340 lights manage 1000 lumens. It's not impossible, just often unlikely, never using regulation and very battery dependant.

And maybe you could point me to these 500 lumen+ Home Depot lights that run on a comparable power source or are a comparable size?

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great information here thanks ! Looks like a good buy, handy size , different, interesting, good price.
Why oh why they didnt build it around 18350 I dont know .

Trevilux

Enlightened

haha!....1000 lumens on this size ..... This is on the range of the Olight S1 size and power, and I must say to you that more than 500 lumens on this size and weigh is irresponsible, and only used to wow effect, but makes no sense no real everyday use ....

.....you know about heat generated, mass flashlight, battery discharge rate 16340 ....? ;-)