*sneak peak* Surefire R3IB & Aviator

kj2

Flashaholic
Surefire posted a sneak peak on Snapchat.
No specs mentioned.

ebd34cac45dc64a83053c0a3ba80e292.jpg

93eb780259841219eff29566b81e84a8.jpg

Soldier Systems: "the R3IB. It's a rechargeable handheld light with two separate LEDs and reflectors; one for flood and the other specifically for distance.
The light also incorprates the IntelliBeam technology. Look for the R3IB around SHOT Show."

742c8bb83fb5d612129784c203383862.jpg
9bbd6990300b9af334100c377641779b.jpg

*Pics from Soldier Systems*

Last edited:

defbear

Newly Enlightened
Re: *sneak peak* Surefire R3IB

Am I going to regret just getting a y300 ultra?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting..Especially the new aviators

Nice form factor, I've legoed a Z68 tailcap to various classic E series SureFires and they fit nicely in the hand and will tail stand.

I've got several of the A2L Aviators, nice lights but as discussed here in years past, not really bright enough to preflight a large aircraft in my experience.

SF pricing is traditionally somewhat of a taboo subject here but if those new Aviators put out over 200 lumens and are less than $200 street price, I'd be interested. :huh:

Hopefully the R3IB will have a better indication of charging status than that train wreck flashing emitter on the Sidekick. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

Those new Aviators look really good. Interested in the white/red and white/amber version.

BriteLite2

Enlightened

Hmmm doesn't this look familiar? Whats that custom work of art that looks just like this except its in titanium ? Hmmmmm buttons instead of a dial but strikingly familiar

SF going from innovation to copying perhaps?

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

Love the new Aviators! I'm gonna be all over a White/Red when they come out (if they ever do...)

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm doesn't this look familiar? Whats that custom work of art that looks just like this except its in titanium ? Hmmmmm buttons instead of a dial but strikingly familiar

SF going from innovation to copying perhaps?
i dont think Mr. Fantastic can even reach that far

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are the new Aviators 5MM color leds and a primary led similar to the original ? I might be interested if the main led was neutral (4000 - 5000K) but knowing SF that seems unlikely.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened

What will the rechargabe options be for the aviators. I'm a big fan of the Incan ones and have 3. They are pretty much the only lights I use regularly that run primaries. I'm guessing I d have to Lego it with a 2 cell body and run a 16650.
Edit: I just noticed something. Is it twist the head to select color? It doesn't use the two stage switch of the others I guess. Sorta defeats the purpose for me. I liked having that instant high by mashing the button. Oh well. Might still be ok.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

The little Aviators look cool. I already liked the V1 Vampire but since I have no use for IR I never bought one. If the Aviators end up with a reasonable price I might get one.... or maybe all variations ;)

bigfoot

Enlightened

Thanks for posting this heads up -- those new Aviators look sweet! Here's hoping they aren't vaporware, and come out sometime this year. :popcorn:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those new Avaitors look awesome. I definitely want a Y/G one and possibly a red one too! Hopefully they really make them and hopefully they don't have the problems the Vampires have had.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those new Avaitors look awesome. I definitely want a Y/G one and possibly a red one too! Hopefully they really make them and hopefully they don't have the problems the Vampires have had.

I too am interested in the Aviators with the red. I wonder if the older E1B tailcap will work for this.

What kind of problems did the V1 have?

Monocrom

Flashaholic

R31B........ For those who've wondered what a Black Spy would look like. LOL !!!

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too am interested in the Aviators with the red. I wonder if the older E1B tailcap will work for this.

What kind of problems did the V1 have?

From another recent thread here:

I have had more problems out of vampire series lights than any other light I've ever owned. I had to send my M952v in twice. Bought an X300v from Optics planet and sent it back immediately it wouldn't work in the cold (less than 40 degrees it stopped working).

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow thanks for the info! Also knowing Surefire, I bet it won't be released on time either.