MecArmy SNG3 question

Benello

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, new member here. Been a log time member on some gun and knife forums though have been getting into the lights more over the years so I figured I'd join here! Anyway I have a decent collection this far with some Surefire's, Streamlights, Fenix, Foursevens, etc, but my newest obsession is the keychain area. I just bought a MecArmy SNG3 and have a question about it. I really like the light and if you are familiar with it it is quite a lot of features for such a small package. With the main central LED it puts out up to 160 lumens, which I fee is great for its size. It also has the side red and other side UV lights, much less bright of course. So my question is as follows; right after I took it out if the package I started carrying it the other day. I had it come on several times however while in the pocket. I had no pressure on the switch and was just walking around. It's actually the side red and UV lights that came on and stayed on. Happened about 5 times and then I thought well maybe it's a low battery indicator? Anyway I didn't see any reduction on the high setting at 160 lumens, but plugged it into the USB anyway. It hasn't done it today yet though I have only been carrying it a few mins. Is it normal for the side lights to come on like that and is is indeed a low battery sign? Thanks a lot!

Dubois

Enlightened
I have both the first and revised versions of this light. I've only have it come on accidentally once, and I carry the original around loose in my trouser pocket. To find that it has come on in UV and red is very strange - you have to hold the switch down for almost a second to change modes (first version was white/UV/red; new version, which I assume you have, is white/red/UV).

I can only think that you have very tight trousers.:naughty: I'm pretty sure there is no low battery warning.

Benello

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I think I'm gonna send it back. My other one doesn't do it so it must be off.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same thing happen, then realized that I tend to lean against countertops-all it takes is 1 second of pressure...I bought the clip for it for $5 and problem solved...