Olight S1A. A one click wonder! 600 lumen AA flashlight.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light doesn't disappoint. :)

KEY FEATURES:

• Cree XM-L2 LED
  • Powered by one AA battery. Conventional output: 0.5 lumens, 5 lumens, 50 lumens, 220 lumens,
  • strobe mode at 10Hz. Special output: turbo mode at 600 lumens (only available when 14500
  • rechargeable lithium battery is used)
  • High light transmission rate TIR lens resulting in a balanced and useful beam
  • Eco-friendly AL6061-T6 aluminum alloy body with anti-scratch Milspec type-III hard anodized finish and a blue PVD stainless steel ring on the switch and bezel
  • Controlled by a thermal protection program, the turbo mode is limited to 1 minute and then the brightness gradually steps down to 50% of the initial brightness (only available when 14500 rechargeable lithium battery is used)
  • Built-in timer: Short timer (3 minutes) or Long timer (9 minutes)
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:

• Lanyard
  • User Manual
  • 1.5V Lithium Iron Disulfide Battery

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got this in the mail yesterday. Love it love these thumb sized super lights. Only disappointment was my 55mm long Keeppower 840mah 14500 is to long for it. Tis okay have a couple new NC 14500's that make it crank.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review! I like the CR123 S1 a lot but kind of want some AA lights on hand as back ups.Hopefully there are at least some limited run neutral versions available.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the comments gang!

Great review! I like the CR123 S1 a lot but kind of want some AA lights on hand as back ups.Hopefully there are at least some limited run neutral versions available.

If not, you know some hackers here will find a way to make it happen.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job on the video Matt. Added you to my youtube subscriptions. Thanks.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Could you please NOT use this forum to promote your religion?
I would add you to my ignore, but youre a moderator, so I can't.

I'm not offended at all by what you describe he 'promotes', Jon. In fact, I see it as him celebrating his faith, rather quietly, I might add, since it is not in the body of his post, and I see nothing wrong with that. I do feel offended by your request, though, Jon. If my proclaiming my own Christian faith gets me excluded/banned/put down, then so be it. Closets are for clothes and political correctness is vile.

Greta

Flashaholic
Take it back around to the original topic please.

And jon_slider... if you are so offended by vob's sigline, I would suggest that perhaps this forum is not for you and you may want to go search for another more to your liking. While the discussion of religion (or lack thereof) is not something that is encouraged or even welcome on CPF proper, it is more than welcome in The Underground. Please feel free to express your opinions there. Siglines are the only exception to this unspoken (but widely understood, acknowledged, and appreciated) rule. In this case... unfortunately for you... YOU are the one who is out of line with your comment. I will thank you in advance for your future cooperation with our rules... which have been around for a good decade longer than you have been here.

Back on topic gentlemen... and have a lovely day! :grin2:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you please NOT use this forum to promote your religion?
I would add you to my ignore, but youre a moderator, so I can't.

I really didn't even notice lol .Ironically you did more to promote his religion with your post than he did. I would rather know where a person stands anyway than not that way I can decide if I want to deal with that individual or POST in his/her thread.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are so many baton flashlights.

havent counted, how many of them are powered by AA

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the comments gang!

If not, you know some hackers here will find a way to make it happen.

I may have to look to a "hacker" if Olight doesn't follow through.The switch and UI on the S1 seem to work better for me than that of the Zebralight SC32 even though I think the SC32 has more capability than the S1 with it's reflector.I am really a CR123 guy but would like to have some AA companions to fall back on.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I love the 'spot beam' (beam profile) on the S1 & S2 Baton... So that's a definite plus about these newer S-Series Baton lights... Unfortunately (for me) I'm not much into the cool white emitters these days...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greta
Thanks for hosting the site and explaining the sigline rules.
Problem solved by turning off the show signatures preference.

would like to have some AA companions to fall back on.

Here are some features to compare. Modes, CRI, weight, durability.
Examples:

Olight S1a offers Four good mode choices, in Cool White. I dont know if its potted or drop proof

Zebralight SC52 and SC5 offer many good modes to choose from, in both Cool White and Neutral White. And I believe Zebras are fully Potted and drop proof. The SC5 is the heaviest of the lights mentioned.

L11c offers Four good modes, and is the only one offered with N219 90+ CRI. This light is not potted, not drop proof. It is the lightest weight of the lights mentioned.

Last edited:

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I was very interested in the Olight S2 (double AA) light but lately I'm thinking the S1 is preferable because of the rechargeable 14500 battery AND because it's more lumens.

My Eagletac D25A2 seems it does not need to be retired, replaced, or supplemented.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure it is just a matter of time before NW S1A's come out in titanium etc. Tried finding a couple of the exclusive NW exotic metal S1's and nobody has them anymore