What is going on with Nitecore QC??

TA_ls1

Enlightened
My girlfriend and I have been big Nitecore fans for a while, but that is changing. I don't think we will ever buy another Nitecore light. We have had at least 3 lights fail in the past year. FYI, we have never abused or damaged them. I have also always tested multiple batteries and cleaned and checked all contact points to ensure the issue was in fact the light. Around last September, we got a MH12 which worked for about 5 months before we heard something loose in the head and it would not turn on. Thankfully Amazon still took a return and refunded us. We also had a tube that arrived broken, the soldering was bad. More recently, we got a MH27 (unfortunately not from Amazon) which worked for a few months before it stopped turning on at all. Nitecore made us pay the $25 to ship to them from the US and wait a month to get it back. So she was without a light for quite a while, and I let her borrow my MH20GT (the only Nitecore I maybe trust now).

We got the MH27 back last Tuesday, and by Friday, it was already broken! When clicking the tail switch on, nothing happens. Pressing the left arrow to get the colors does nothing. Pressing the right arrow goes to moonlight mode, which just flashes momentarily but does not stay on. Pressing it again gets to the med, high, and turbo, which are all that works. We emailed Nitecore about it, and they asked us some troubleshooting questions, which we had already tested, and they also told us the light they had sent us was a brand new light. Now they want us to send them a video of it, which I will do. So this brand new MH27 broke in less than a week? Seriously, all I can say is wow! There is no way I'm paying another $25 to ship it to them AGAIN. Even if they send us another one, I can't trust them now. How long until the next one breaks, and the next, etc. We are very upset. What should we do? Anyone else have experiences like this?

Last edited:

Theodore41

Enlightened
My girlfriend and I have been big Nitecore fans for a while, but that is changing. I don't think we will ever buy another Nitecore light. We have had at least 3 lights fail in the past year. FYI, we have never abused or damaged them. I have also always tested multiple batteries and cleaned and checked all contact points to ensure the issue was in fact the light. Around last September, we got a MH12 which worked for about 5 months before we heard something loose in the head and it would not turn on. Thankfully Amazon still took a return and refunded us. We also had a tube that arrived broken, the soldering was bad. More recently, we got a MH27 (unfortunately not from Amazon) which worked for a few months before it stopped turning on at all. Nitecore made us pay the $25 to ship to them from the US and wait a month to get it back. So she was without a light for quite a while, and I let her borrow my MH20GT (the only Nitecore I maybe trust now).

We got the MH27 back last Tuesday, and by Friday, it was already broken! When clicking the tail switch on, nothing happens. Pressing the left arrow to get the colors does nothing. Pressing the right arrow goes to moonlight mode, which just flashes momentarily but does not stay on. Pressing it again gets to the med, high, and turbo, which are all that works. We emailed Nitecore about it, and they asked us some troubleshooting questions, which we had already tested, and they also told us the light they had sent us was a brand new light. Now they want us to send them a video of it, which I will do. So this brand new MH27 broke in less than a week? Seriously, all I can say is wow! There is no way I'm paying another $25 to ship it to them AGAIN. Even if they send us another one, I can't trust them now. How long until the next one breaks, and the next, etc. We are very upset. What should we do? Anyone else have experiences like this?

What kind of batteries did you use in the MH27,flat or button top?

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I don't remember what site I got it from, it was a while ago. Either way, I've already shipped it to Nitecore once, and they sent me another defective light.

As far as batteries, I've used all button tops, both Nitecore and Orbtronic.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man that is terrible!! I have had nothing but stellar luck with NC QC over the past year. I used to loathe NC. Now some of my best lights are NC's. Do you know how to check if the tail switch ring is tight or not?

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I made sure the tailcap itself was tight, but no, I'm not sure about the ring.

And Nitecore requires us to send the lights to China.

TCY

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that man, I know the feeling of have to go thru tedious processes to get that working flashlight you deserve. The only time I had to deal with Nitecore CS was when my P12 refused to turn on two years ago. I had to pay postage too but they sent me a brand new one, and it's been working fine ever since.

Theodore41

Enlightened
Man that is terrible!! I have had nothing but stellar luck with NC QC over the past year. I used to loathe NC. Now some of my best lights are NC's. Do you know how to check if the tail switch ring is tight or not?

I have bought two Nitecore lights about 3 months now,one MH27,and one P12GT,and they are absolutely as they should.
I thought that the P12GT, was defective,but after careful watching,I saw that I had used flat top battery.So,I measured 18000Cd and interrupted lighting.When I changed to a button top battery,it worked flawlessly and I measured 27000Cd.
Very satisfied.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought two Nitecore lights about 3 months now,one MH27,and one P12GT,and they are absolutely as they should.
I thought that the P12GT, was defective,but after careful watching,I saw that I had used flat top battery.So,I measured 18000Cd and interrupted lighting.When I changed to a button top battery,it worked flawlessly and I measured 27000Cd.
Very satisfied.
I am surprised you got anything at all with the flat top cell, given Nitecore's physical polarity protection. I have to assume that the flat top cell you were using was raised just enough to make some sort of contact.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of the worst lights I ever bought was the first P12. The glare coating only went halfway across the lens the tint was horrendous. Ended up giving it away. If only the SRT series put out the numbers that they spec them with I wouldnt have been such an anti NC ranter for so long. I learned the 2x16340 now 2x18350 for 100 extra lumens trick for the SRT6 and 7 here and it works. But it still falls short of advertised specs drove me nuts.

I tried an unprotected GA in my P12GT and it actually worked great. Got paranoid about it and put a protected cell back in it. Still works great.

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
Only owned one NC light..defender infinity.It has been in a pouch on my belt for about six years and used daily..never missed a beat!

Hi,

It would be great if you could provide a short video showing the malfunction of your torch to our customer service email, a 30 second clip should suffice, then we can advise the best course of action available.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have eight different Nitecore lights purchased over the last four or so years, and have yet to have a problem that was not self-inflicted. [My son mixed lithium primaries and alkalines in one light, then wondered why it quit working, and bled all over the insides.:fail:] The closest I have come was watching Selfbuilt's coping with the several driver iterations when the TM11 was in what I guess would be called final beta. I got mine about six months later, and never had a problem.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
TA_ls1

Sorry about the light issue. If you are in US, you are welcome to contact us at [email protected]. In the email please refer to this CPF forum post.

Since Nitecore is an oversea manufacturer, the warranty service is handled by the distributors or vendors. Theoretically you always contact the seller directly and never have to deal with any international shipping. Unfortunately some sellers refuse to take responsibilities and will kick you to the factory for service. When you plan a purchase, check the store policy and think twice if it locates outside of your country.

We take care of all our customers from our online store and our authorized dealers in US. However, if you have difficulty reaching your seller for service, you can contact us and we will see what we can assist.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend ... something loose in the head and it would not turn on ... the soldering was bad ... worked for a few months before it stopped turning on at all ... So she was without a light for quite a while, and I let her borrow ... it was already broken! When clicking the tail switch on, nothing happens ... Anyone else have experiences like this?

:whistle:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
nevur mind. pls delete post.

Pops

Last edited: