AC power to LED Driver installation...

Csoccerman10

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here. Recently purchased some hanging LED bar lights that has a LED Driver inside. Didn't realize they were coming from China when we purchased them, one of those things you find on Ebay and buy but don't look at where they're coming from.

Well they didn't come with anything instructions on how to install them. What I'm trying to do here is install them to a light switch behind my bar. I'm going to post a link to what my LED driver looks like, I have two red wires for the AC input (the link shows two white) and the DC output is already wired obviously. I'm just confused on how to wire these lights to my AC main light switch. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs...-driver-adapter-for-3W-ceiling/860874817.html

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
If yours looks just like that, then they did include the instructions. They are printed right on the part! That's all you often get. You're supposed to know the rest.

One of the AC input wires should go to your neutral (if you have one) and the other goes to the output of your switch. If you're in one of those crazy countries that tries to kill homeowners for refusing to hire an electrician and you don't have a neutral, then I'm guessing both wires are switched and both AC wires go to the switch, but I'm only guessing.

By the way, if you have a neutral, it will be all the white wires tied together and not getting switched.