TOOLvn Tints & Specs

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Ok so I can't resist it, the TOOLvn is a must have show off light and I choose Copper!

However I am struggling picking a Spec....

Which LED is best suited to this light, I know Tints are Very Subjective - However would just like peoples opinions on this please

May try a Nichia out - Pro's & Cons Please :D

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is kinda personal. hehe
Um.....I guess do you own any Nichia or Neutral type led lights currently? If not, I would defiantly try one (warm or neutral) out. They are very nice.
I have a draw to the..........
Spec 4 (XPL 5K) for me for sure! I like that Neutral Floody light. I find them most useful.
Reality is they are all nice. You almost can't go wrong. Get some good IMR 10440 cells too.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
This is kinda personal. hehe
Um.....I guess do you own any Nichia or Neutral type led lights currently? If not, I would defiantly try one (warm or neutral) out. They are very nice.
I have a draw to the..........
Spec 4 (XPL 5K) for me for sure! I like that Neutral Floody light. I find them most useful.
Reality is they are all nice. You almost can't go wrong. Get some good IMR 10440 cells too.

Thanks
I have some Efest IMR10440 Cells already

I don't currently own any Neutral Lights so 5000k would be nice! - How do these compare to Nichia? Do you lose some lumens with Nichia?

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Nichia trades lumens for high CRI. The output looks very nice, makes colours (especially reds) pop more. Better for pictures as well.
The XP-L would offer higher lumens, which means a bit more obvious wow factor when showing it off but- lower CRI. The XP-L has an excellent tint though whether you get the 5000k version or the 4000k, depending on your preference of neutral or a bit warmer. The HI version would offer throw, but flood is generally more useful in a little EDC keychain-sized light like this.
Any of the discussed LEDs will offer incredible output and tint, so it comes down to lumens or CRI.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Nichia trades lumens for high CRI. The output looks very nice, makes colours (especially reds) pop more. Better for pictures as well.
The XP-L would offer higher lumens, which means a bit more obvious wow factor when showing it off but- lower CRI. The XP-L has an excellent tint though whether you get the 5000k version or the 4000k, depending on your preference of neutral or a bit warmer. The HI version would offer throw, but flood is generally more useful in a little EDC keychain-sized light like this.
Any of the discussed LEDs will offer incredible output and tint, so it comes down to lumens or CRI.

Sounds very good. Thanks for that information. This will help me loads pick when choosing a spec.

Latest posts