Surefire E2L-AA discontinued?

benlg

Newly Enlightened
Did Surefire discontinue the E2L-AA? Cant seem to find it anywhere online, even eBay. TIA

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Doesn't seem to be on their site. I got an old model a couple days ago. Actually really like it. Going to use it for travel and when at home for a bob. Shame they discontinued it with no aa replacement.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it was poor sales due to the high cost that had anything to do with it. For $65 more, get a McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI AA. I really do desire a few Surefire flashlights, but I can only afford models that have been discontinued for years.

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I wonder if it was poor sales due to the high cost that had anything to do with it. For $65 more, get a McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI AA. I really do desire a few Surefire flashlights, but I can only afford models that have been discontinued for years.
That's why I got the old model. A new one would have been too much. Still a shame because it means a few years down the line there will be no current gen aa surefire to buy.

yowzer

Enlightened
SF feels like they discontinued most of their product line this year. The E2L-AA like all XR-E lights was getting long in the tooth... an updated version would have been nice, though.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF feels like they discontinued most of their product line this year. The E2L-AA like all XR-E lights was getting long in the tooth... an updated version would have been nice, though.

I'm still hoping against hope for a E1L-aa. Maybe 5/120 lumen TIR, XPG2(XPG3 or 219C would be great!) two stage switch or clicky.

Plus an updated E2L-aa too.10/250 lumen would be a nice bump.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I'd take a 3/100-120 tir nw e1l-aa with a two speed switch like the a2's. I'd buy a few if the price was reasonable. E2l-aa 3/200 same ui and increased run times.

bigfoot

Enlightened
I'm also crossing my fingers that SureFire pulls a rabbit out of their hat this year with regards to AA-powered lights. If anything, a lot of gear companies have had to shift their focus from dwindling military and government contracts to retail customers. Hopefully this means that flashaholics and every day carry (EDC) junkies will be seeing more and more products aimed specifically at them.

As mentioned above, an E1L-AA would be great! :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's just a pity if Surefire abandons AA format. Both single and double AA light should be a matter of course in the assortment of every flashlight manufacturer!

Monocrom

Flashaholic

This year?? That nonsense has been going on far longer than a year.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, these talk about E1L AA has been going on since I purchased those E2L AA when they were just released.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's even worse, because with the new Titan A and B models, the whole concept is *right there* - just within reach.

For that matter, I'm surprised someone hasn't made an adapter to mate a Titan A/B head to an e-series compatible AA host.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's even worse, because with the new Titan A and B models, the whole concept is *right there* - just within reach.

For that matter, I'm surprised someone hasn't made an adapter to mate a Titan A/B head to an e-series compatible AA host.

Yep, they already have ready 1.5V drivers.
Come on SF. Give us that E1L.

Sometimes I'm tempted to take my TitanA guts and make a dropin out of it, to use in a G2L with spacers to use 1AA.
125/15 lumen on a 2500mAh Eneloop would give very nice runtimes.